• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tidbit of Info (Racetracks)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I heard that the Seattle Track and the Berminton Raceway are shutting down. And will be renovating the Chilton County Dragway?

Anyone hear this?

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I haven't heard anything. Plus not to many people here go race.

Well i know Bremerton Race way is closed now i guess for the season. I know this because i went there to check it out...........
biggrin.png
.........but it was closed.............
frown.png

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
It hasnt opened up yet has it Soji. i think it opens next month. I read that they dont start prepping till 24th or something of march

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
I heard that the Seattle Track and the Berminton Raceway are shutting down. And will be renovating the Chilton County Dragway?

Anyone hear this?

Lol Emilio it is shelton race way as far as I know and the owners from the track their building here it sounds like the seattle track and the bremerton track are shutting down. From what he told me the brem tracks lease is up and the seattle track is getting old. However I do know that shelton track is being built soon as soon as this last meeting is over apr 6th 10am in shelton. They want to start paving in july and open in aug. The track is going to be a year round track open 7 days a week. It'll have from atvs to 1/4 mi and a course. As soon as I know more I will let you guys know. Im going to this meeting and I will talk to the guy again. So if u have questions let me know. Im not able to get on here much so text me or call me its 3604704956

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Bremerton has a forum, and I havent seen anything on there about them closing, and they have this seasons schedule posted on their site.
http://bremertonraceway.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=b3756fd5bc9dc1394e54d8805ec85d52
http://bremertonraceway.com/2011 Racing Schedule.pdf

as far as seattle, its called PAcific Raceways, and its a huge road race course that is VERY popular. I can see them maybe shutting down drag racing, but thats it.
And pacific raceways is selling tickets for the major events this season. so i dont think they are closing either
http://pacificraceways.com/Index.aspx

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
and wkd, go to the track, there are more than enough cars there any given weekend. You are just up in oak harbor, the only things up there is rain, navy and trees. You need to come down to the seattle area to see cars and such. Just like Phil over in Bremerton. You guys are both stuck in the sticks

blackstallion06

Donator
Was nice to see the red 93 cobra the other day when we where on parts run. I wish we would have spoted him when we where rolling around on Sunday

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I will keep a look out. I hand out cards every chance i get.

blackstallion06

Donator
yeah I got to get some more dropped two more tonight. I found a White 5.0 C/S in the parking garge next to me tonight after work. then I spotted
a blue Shelby GT. Yeap they both got cards dropped on them... I hope they log on.