• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WA Removal of front plates

Yeah that didn't work for me they threatened me with a 300.00 fine. needless to say I now have front plates. Too late for me unless i get a new bumper or bodywork.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
If you get pulled over and they give you a ticket, it will be a fix it ticket. What you do then is get some zip ties and tie your front plate up, take it to get looked at by a patrolman and have him sign your ticket, turn it in and then take your plate off and your good to go. Easy fix!

meangrn304

If you get pulled over and they give you a ticket, it will be a fix it ticket. What you do then is get some zip ties and tie your front plate up, take it to get looked at by a patrolman and have him sign your ticket, turn it in and then take your plate off and your good to go. Easy fix!

Check out Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets at www.ccmustangbrackets.com
I have one on our Roush. No holes to drill, holds well, can come off in seconds and leaves no marks. I have had it for a year and no issues.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Show and go license plate holders are available on amazon....

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Jon,
I have mo plates on my 06 and do same thing. I tell them I dont require a front plate. My other two mustangs both have wa plates though.
The notch had a front one but the t-top idnt. I just leave it in floor so if I do get pulled over I can throw it in window

crossbreedgt

i got pulled over here on whidbey the first time for no front plate.. fix it ticket. put it on with zip ties and took it off after the police ok. got pulled over 3 days later with a $285 fine for not following some traffic law for front plates.. put my plate on.. paid it.. took it off again and another fix it ticket. im a bit stubborn but yeah we need that petition to go thru!

SingleTireFire05

Right now I attached mine with suction cups to my front window on the passenger side. Got pulled over told the cop it keep getting stolden and tore up my bumper .I argured the point the law says it has to be attached and I had it attached. he said ok and let me go.

Jon

Donator
blackstallion06, what part of MO are you from?

crossbreedgt, I hear ya on that one. When I installed my new headlights, 2 days later a cop pulled me over saying my headlights are tinted and I had accessories on them. ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-projector-head-lights-black.html ) I explained to him that its the shape of the bulb, it appears darker from the side than it does the front, but it's not tinted, and the blue lights on the inside were part of my parking lights. He said that aftermarket parts are usually illegal and blue LED's are not permitted on vehicles. I said okay, so what about Audi's with the blue LED strip on them? Do you pull every Audi over, and just so happened that one passed and I was like see right there... He shook his head, handed back my stuff and hopped in the car and left. No one's messed with me since then and that was nearly 4 months ago.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I am from a small town called Cedar Hill. Its right off hwy 30/ gravois that runs into st louis. Im 15 min from six flags

Jon

Donator
Oh damn so your up north. I lived 18 miles from Ft. Wood in a little ass town called Dixon. I miss Missouri sometimes.. Well, mainly the weather/seasons.

crossbreedgt

yeah Jon i have been pulled over for my one piece headlights.. funny thing is, the cop said i was pulled over for my headlights but didnt specify if it was the blue angel rings.. 3 blue LEDs on each lamp.. or the HIDs.. he just said i need to fix my headlights they are illegal. "Sure officer, have a nice day." -vague much?

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
For those that are curious here is the law on front plates.

Furnished. The director shall furnish to all persons making satisfactory application for a vehicle registration:

(i) Two identical license plates each containing the license plate number; or

(ii) One license plate if the vehicle is a trailer, semitrailer, camper, moped, collector vehicle, horseless carriage, or motorcycle.

(b) The director may adopt types of license plates to be used as long as the license plates are legible.

License plates must be:

(i) Attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle if two license plates have been issued;

(ii) Attached to the rear of the vehicle if one license plate has been issued;

(iii) Kept clean and be able to be plainly seen and read at all times; and

(iv) Attached in a horizontal position at a distance of not more than four feet from the ground.

(b) The Washington state patrol may grant exceptions to this subsection if the body construction of the vehicle makes compliance with this section impossible

On the topic of HIDS, this is where washington will get you with them. putting aftermarket hids in a car that has Halogen headlights stock can often result in a scattered beam.... this is washingtons law

The head lamps shall be so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high intensity portion of the light shall at a distance of twenty-five feet ahead project higher than a level of five inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes, and in no case higher than forty-two inches above the level on which the vehicle stands at a distance of seventy-five feet ahead;