• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Working Party at Miramar

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Hey guys, I need some help with a couple of things on my car, I want to put an aftermarket diff cover on my IRS because the stock one is leaking, and it is a pain in the ass to take out the IRS. And if I can order it in time I would like help putting in a new steering rack and steering shaft.
I would like to do this in February, either the 19th, or the 26th. I really would appreciate the help, plus I need somebody military so I can get on base. Thanks guys. I would donate to the club and buy food for everybody to make up for it.

M

Mustangcwo

I'll let you know when the date gets closer. To far away at the moment.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Couldn't you just do the diff cover change in your garage? Drain the fluid, take the old cover off, put new cover and replace fluid. Isn't that it? Unless its different for IRS.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I have to take the exhaust off and drop the whole rear end out to change that, plus I have never done an IRS before, so I want someplace where I can get every tool I might need.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Actually Ethan you do not have to remove the entire IRS. Almost but not quite......the rear exhaust pipes, and the rear attach bolts, and brake lines should suffice. Obviously you would need to disconnect the drive shaft and make sure to mark it so you can line it up the same way!!!!!!!

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Alright, thanks for letting me know. Yeah, my diff is leaking through the gasket on the cover.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Also check your cover very closely......Without the IRS Brace they tend to crack!!!! Billet flow makes a very nice on that is not that expensive. You have to lower the rer to install it and if you have it down already I would HIGHLY suggest you add it!!!!

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I have the Fore Precision IRS diff cover. So I shouldn't need a brace in addition.