• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Farewell Cruise for Gibs (PICS)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
All, it was a very nice day today.. Glad I made it.. It was nice meeting all the new faces...

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0664.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR OVER 200+ PHOTOS OF THE CRUISE

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Good you didnt get the one of me when i fell on the hill. It was a fun cruise. we need to get out and do more of these like the old days

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Thanks for coming out everyone. I had a blast on that road. I hit that one pretty hard for my wore out tires and having the family in the car, but not out of control. I thought I was done though when I cleared the top of that hill and was hitting it and the cop was on the left side....LOL He didnt pull out though......

Emilio, for having a "Beast" of a car, you did a good job leading the B team in the twisties. Hell the A team was already done filling up and had parked at the bottom before you got there....LOL And that was just the last 15 miles....

Steve, check out the 74 from Hemet then the 243 to Banning......60 miles of twisties!!!!!!I wanna do that run again, just that part. It put Palomar to shame with better roads and less people.

Gib

JGrace

Hey Gibs sorry I missed it. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Wife wasn't feelin to good but maybe we can all just get together and cruise just for fun in the near future

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I would LOVE to do that road again....I think I want new tires and rotors first though....I wore off about 15K worth of rubber today and went through a bunch of the brake pads.....

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
wow nice pics. i see a white charger i wanted that color but they didnt have it for SRT

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Best part was the kids were all happy of seeing all the Snow Cap Mountains and all the BLACK Ice on the road:)
DSC_0633.jpg

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Emilio I thought I took alot more pics of my car then what you posted. Where they at? Make me a new signature.

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
60+ mph around those twisties was awesome. These new tires make one hell of a difference. This was by far the best cruise in a long time

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yeah I looked back and saw that Lynch was hanging with the lead group. Great driving! 60 around the corners? Wow I never looked to see the speed...LOL I dont want to scare myself....

Yose, I have to get the video off my camera still. Been working on the classic, sorry......They will be coming. I watched them and there is a ton of wind noise though....Yours is loudest.

Thanks again for coming.

Kobie

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I had a great time cruzin with you all. Those were some of the best roads I've been on anywhere. 243 rules!!! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and driving with others that loved to DRIVE their cars. I heard you all were mostly drag racers. I wouldn't have guessed it by the way you hit those curves! I look forward to the next time we meet up!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Whatever James!

Kobie, thanks for stopping by. Had a good time and would definately hit the backroads with you anytime.....