• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gear Install

Ferocious

Chula Vista
I already talked to Emilio and Todd the other day about the upcoming Gear Install Day. However I have a couple questions just to be clear on things.

Right now I've got:
- 4.10 ring and pinion
- basic installation kit (new seals, bearings, etc)
- traction lok rebuild kit
- 23 tooth speedogear

Is there anything else I need for the install? Gear oil maybe?

Also, maybe a estimated date when the gear install will be?
I'm free whenever, and towards the begginging of june would be preffered but its up to you guys.

Thanks.
- Steven

CPRstreetmachines

Two bottles of modifier if you have the carbon fiber clutches in the rear. Marking compound, big ass breaker bar to set the crush collar, in/lb torque wrench to test the bearing pre-load, and a dial indicator to measure backlash

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
You need to quarts of rear end oil; 75W-90. I have all the tools to complete the install. As for a date, right now we are shooting for the 26th of May for an install date.

Ferocious

Chula Vista
Ok. I'll order the 2 quarts of gear oil tomorrow.
The 26th is fine by me.. keep me updated if theres a change. Thanks Todd!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
It comes with shims, which are rarely needed. I have the shims, extra crush sleeve, extra shaft seal and extra pinion nut. This will be number 15-18 gear installs over the last three years. Dont worry...be happy!!!

Ashira

Because that was the one thing i messed up and it was a pain to find another.... looks like ferocious has you covered though

Ferocious

Chula Vista
Because that was the one thing i messed up and it was a pain to find another.... looks like ferocious has you covered though
Okay thanks, i'll keep that in mind.
And i agree, Todd's definitely got me covered on this one. I'm sure everything will go smoothly since he's done so many gear installs already lol

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Okay thanks, i'll keep that in mind.
And i agree, Todd's definitely got me covered on this one. I'm sure everything will go smoothly since he's done so many gear installs already lol
Yeah, don't worry. You'll be good. Todd knows what he's doing and good at it.