• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gears and possible driveshaft upgrade

tim burdette

woo im goin fast..oh shit im in the air...not good
i shouldn't take long. the drive shaft would be easy being that you have to take it off to do the gears as Danny said earlier. and gears aren't difficult either. what are you gonna go with for you gear ratio?

SilverSurfer619

the driveshaft is like 689.00 Im like ++ but if i do the gears and tune ill need it. I dont want to risk snapping the crap out of it. Theres a video on youtube of a v6 mustang having the driveshaft go to crap.

tim burdette

woo im goin fast..oh shit im in the air...not good
that's a big jump but it should be fine you will get use to it quick after you buy that first new set of tires. i recommend that if you have a newer set of tires on it that you take them off and go get a used set that has like 50% left or something, just so you don't burn up a new set of tires in a week. you should be able to get a used set for around $100-$150 mounted and balanced.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I would not worry about burning up a set of tires due to new gears. As far as the install goes, send me a PM and I'll give you a list of parts. How many miles are on the car, no need to replace brand new parts!!! The 3:73 gear ratio is a good choice and you will enjoy how quickly you will get through the gears and the response from the car.