• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help with Diff Cover.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Hi guys, I would really like to do the Diff cover in my Mustang, it has an IRS so it's a little more difficult than the solid axle. Any help would be appreciated, I plan on doing this on Feb 19th, when the hobby shop at Miramar open. Thanks guys, I'll bring donuts for everybody.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Alright thank you, what time do you want me to be there, what time does it open?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Ok all I will be there with donuts, I believe the hobby shop opens at 9:00am. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Well, we are off to a good start. The diff cover is in place and all that remains is tightening up some bolts and installing the drive shaft, the exhaust and filling the diff. This was very tough, but we were able to change out the cover without dropping the entire IRS.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
The diff cover is complete and looks very SEXY. If anyone installs a FORE diff cover in an IRS...drop the entire suspension...much easier. Also, make certain you order the $20 plug kit!!!

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Sorry, we were to busy trying to figure it out, I just want to thank Todd, Dave, and Jared with helping me, I couldn't of done it without you, and definently dropping the whole IRS next time I do something.