• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

planning an event on base for this fall

fangs99

I'm palnning a dyno/ top speed street car shootout with my squadron CO.
We are looking at it being around the end of October. I'm still in the early stages of planning this but I'm wondering what kind of intrest I have in an event like this.

So, far it's looking like a 15-20 car feild round trip cruise (to a dyno) and back to the base for a car show and a 1/2 mile top speed challange.

I'm open to ideas I have to work out some safety requirements and what not but I just wanted to see what kind of intrest is out there.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Hell yeah!! Give me a call and fill me in some more! I will help you get this thing going if you need me. Also, talk to the guy that runs the Auto Hobby Shop. He helped to get the SCCA on base again...

fangs99

I'll call you when we hit our next port Joe. I was wantingto do a full mile but with so many of our cars being over 400whp those speeds might be a little hard to sell to the base XO. So far the there will be 3 parts to the challange....the dyno, a car show, and the top speed pulls. my CO is all for it.

fangs99

I don't think his F-250 hits the mark to compete. but, I figured between us and some of the guys on cencal we should easly have a 20 car feild. I need to get a hold of Nate to find out how much we would be looking at for the dyno. I also need to figure out what to use to get our speeds. I was thinking about seeing if I could get a radar from security. It would be a blast to fly past a patrol car at 160+ and it be ok.