• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Street Lagal Drags @ Fontana

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Here are a couple of Videos that Tommy took of me, had a great time, there must have been 300+ cars there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQjwDp52zVs"]YouTube- Ethan Bartel's first Fontana run[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNJ09lULI1w"]YouTube- Ethan Bartels 2nd Run at Fontana[/ame]

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
dude?! take it easy on those half shafts. it doesnt matter how much tq you have. its the initial sudden snap when u hook.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
with all that spinning, I don't think he has to worry about half shafts giving...:)

Tommy

Yeah, he wasn't hooking being on street tires. He could have had way better times with the right tires

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I will post up time slips tommorow night, but my engine is almost ready so those are irrelevant :)

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Sounds like you had fun. I like to see what I can do in the 1/4 Does your car have a straight axcel under the rear?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
No but when I looked at my timeslip on my best run, I lost a little less than a Tenth on the 1/8 from when I had the solid. If I ran Slicks there would be more of a difference I think, but on street tires, not so much.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Igottav-8. Do you have tires for mustang v/s world? I have some 18 iinch hoosier D/rs you can have them when I get home. You can pick up a 18 inch wheel cheap at a junk yard or at a rim shop. I think Walmart even has cheap 18's lol but your welcome to them. I also have the 15 inch Ranger wheels if anyone else needs some track wheels. They look like the ones in DSG's banner pick

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
That would be awesome, I'll try and see if I can find some.