• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Transmission Install

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I would like to install my transmission on June 25th and was hoping I could get some help, I would like to do it at Mirimar and I need somebody military to come with me to let me on, also if anybody knows, will the base allow AAA onto the base as I have to get it towed there, can you also let me know all the tools I will need. Thanks.

crossbreedgt

I'm not sure about getting AAA out onto the base but I'm sure the San Diego or surrounding chapters have a flatbed to assist you with..

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
IGOTTAV-8 I am pretty sure if you have Todd and they guys meet you at the gate there shouldnt be a problem getting a tow truck on base to drop your car off.
I have seen tow trucks come on to tow people off base. You have to meet them at front gate. I would just call a couple of tow places and find out if they can get on base. Soem
of them have contracts to tow for base.
CROSSBREED Ethan is a member of san Diego chapter and has been for a few years now. lol

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Ethan, there is no problem getting your car on the base. If they will not allow the tow truck to come on the base, we should have enough people to push you to the hobby shop. I believe the 25th will be a good date and I'll be there.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. Can"t wait to get this in, what tools and materials should I bring.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Bump, tomorrow is the 25th. I hope that all is in line...if not, post up here and give me a call. I am headed into the garage to get my tools together for the install.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
All thank you for the help, I really appreciated it, I would've had it all ready and done but I made a mistake in not checking if the output shaft is the same, I did some research and it turns out I need a C-6 Yoke for it. As I already have an aluminum driveshaft waiting to go in, I will get it put on that. Again, thanks to Mustangcwo and sdsubzero4 for all their help, there is no way I could have gotten any of this done without you guys. So on tuesday afternoon I will be back to finish it up, all that is left is to put the driveshaft on and fill the transmission up with fluid. Also, if anybody knows where I can get some exhaust clamps I would greatly appreciate it, I am going to have to cut down some exhaust tubing after my x-pipe so that I can fit theexhaust that I swapped with Daryl. I will give a call to RPMM as well. I will also post some pics up of the finished product. Thanks again everybody.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Thanks, I called RPMM and he said he had some. So I will just go grab some and then we can cut the exhaust a bit.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
That's what the club is all about. You get the work at a great price and we build some funds for the race car. Thank you Ethan for the the donation and you're welcome too.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Ok, well it looks like I am going to grab the yoke tommorow morning, get my cousin ( who is a dependant) to get me on base, do some measurements, then get the driveshaft balanced. So if anybody wants to help me I would appreciate it, but I don't have much left to do, and with my cousins help I can probably get on base just fine. give me a call at 619-933-0609 if you want to help me.