• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WS Install Day at Miramar Hobby Shop

2K7GTCS

I would like to arrange an install day for WS Garage out at Miramar Hobby Shop. I am proposing Saturday August 4th. I have a new rear differential and gears to install into my car. Mustang02GT might be there to install his K-member and Control Arms.

Of course, the more the merrier. If other club members have stuff they need a little help with, or can stop by to lend a hand, it would be cool to have more folks come out. Whether to help get some work done on their car, help others work on theirs, or just to watch and learn.

Just need a confirmation from our resident WS Install Guru "Crew Chief" MustangCWO to confirm availability for that day.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I am good for August 4th. I look forward to packing more grease under the fingernails. As many of you know, my car is up in the air in my garage getting the new driveline installed. I should have mine completed prior to the 4th and ready to lend assistance to everyone else....regardless of my cars status, I'll be there!!!!

Diabla

Diabla
Donator
I would love to go and perhaps get help changing the fuel filter on the 96, & just so u know I don't mind getting down & dirty! So I will assist

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
I would like to arrange an install day for WS Garage out at Miramar Hobby Shop. I am proposing Saturday August 4th. I have a new rear differential and gears to install into my car. Mustang02GT might be there to install his K-member and Control Arms.

Of course, the more the merrier. If other club members have stuff they need a little help with, or can stop by to lend a hand, it would be cool to have more folks come out. Whether to help get some work done on their car, help others work on theirs, or just to watch and learn.

Just need a confirmation from our resident WS Install Guru "Crew Chief" MustangCWO to confirm availability for that day.
I dont believe I will have all the parts for my install on the 4th and rather not rush anything. i ordered the k-member kit today but i still need the oil pan gaskets and bumpsteer kit and a few other things. plus im not sure how long the kit will take to ship. But I will be there on the 4th to give u and anyone else a hand that day.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
im down to help with anything especially something i havent done yet(gears) probably gonna be getting some 3.73s in the near future so this might be another install day

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
I would love to go and perhaps get help changing the fuel filter on the 96, & just so u know I don't mind getting down & dirty! So I will assist
U opened up that door hahaha can never say something like that and leave it open

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S lll using Tapatalk 2

Diabla

Diabla
Donator
Hey, I'm part of the guys remember! Lol I'm glad I was able to amuse, & I'm not ofended.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I have not known you for very long, but I'm more than certain you can "Hold Your Own". Another great day at the hobby shop with the grease monkey crew...:cool2:

Diabla

Diabla
Donator
I haven't known u guys for a very long time either but I feel comfortable enough around u guys, hope y'all don't mind.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Bump, see everyone Saturday morning. We will be having breakfast at the mexican resteraunt behind Subway on Miramar Road, meet up at 8am

Diabla

Diabla
Donator
Ok if all goes well I will b there bright & early! Ready for the 6 pound burrito....I'll just start my diet Monday. LOL

Diabla

Diabla
Donator
I'm bummed guys, I was really looking forward to going tomorrow & learning new stuff. Unfortunately I don't have anyone that can take care of Thing 1 & Thing 2, so maybe next time....

Mrs V.I. Massive

Diabla said:
I'm bummed guys, I was really looking forward to going tomorrow & learning new stuff. Unfortunately I don't have anyone that can take care of Thing 1 & Thing 2, so maybe next time....

You should just bring them with you. My daughter is here with me!!!!

2K7GTCS

Thanks to everyone who came out an helped today.

New Auburn Pro differential went in pretty easy. The new gears are a little noisy, but that is to be expected on the 3.89 ratio with the 35/9 ring/pinion tooth count. Plus the fact that I'm running a semi-solid upper control arm, an aluminum 1-piece drive shaft, and the diff cover has pre-load for the carrier caps, all of which transmit tons of noise.

I'm taking it real easy during the break-in period, and hope the noise will diminish once the gears "take a set". I only hear it during acceleration, so it is probably just the gear mesh. The backlash was perfect, but the tooth contact might be a little off? Not sure; it looked good going together. Time will tell.

Ford1288

Donator
Triax is definitely my favorite shifter, glad you picked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk