• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2 valve loss of power.

justin11045

last night i blew my PCM fuse while attempting a burnout. the car bogged down and died after dumping the clutch at around 4500 RPM and now the car will not even chirp the tires. and no traction control was not on.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like you went higher than 4500rpms.... But, sound like it your Fuel pressure sensor...do you have any OBDII CODES?

Lordgufi

sounds like you need to log the ecu. find out what all the sensors are reading. popping the PCM fuse normally means that the ecu has reset and is relearning the fuel trims.

Renegade

its electrical, the old motor was just taken out by a shop in AZ and a "new" old motor was put in as a replacement, so there is a little more of a back ground on what happened

Lordgufi

definatly put a logger on it. a simple log driving for about 20 min vs a normal car will tell you a ton.

justin11045

[SOLVED]
it was the gas cap. releasing vacuum pressure and messing up my gas mileage and power. where as power shifting 2nd bogged then took off now roasts them like no other again.

justin11045

yea i was amazed too, i did alot of research and of course you are going to try and do the cheap solution first and sure enough no more SES light.