• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A/C Problems

TexasMuscle_210

Today I was driving down the Mustang Show on the bay and my A/C was blowing fine and all of a sudden it started blowing hot air. I checked to see if the compressor clutch would engage and it did for a split second and nothing more after that. I'm unsure if I need a new clutch or entire compressor unit, or maybe the compressor relay. Any information would help me, I don't want to pay a arm and a leg for A/C work :(

A/C work is always tricky :mad:

TexasMuscle_210

After I left the show, I went straight to Autozone to get a R134a unit and the gauge on the unit showed that it was fully charged

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Today I was driving down the Mustang Show on the bay and my A/C was blowing fine and all of a sudden it started blowing hot air. I checked to see if the compressor clutch would engage and it did for a split second and nothing more after that. I'm unsure if I need a new clutch or entire compressor unit, or maybe the compressor relay. Any information would help me, I don't want to pay a arm and a leg for A/C work :(

A/C work is always tricky :mad:
Did it just happened today? Not blowing cold air is a sign of the clutch not Engaging.

With the AC on you should see the clutch energized / spinning

TexasMuscle_210

Emilio I really appreciate that bro. I popped the hood and was watching the compressor pulley with the A/C on and the clutch engaged for a split second and never kicked back on. I guess I'll go buy a new clutch tomorrow and get to it this weekend so I can have some A/C.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Emilio I really appreciate that bro. I popped the hood and was watching the compressor pulley with the A/C on and the clutch engaged for a split second and never kicked back on. I guess I'll go buy a new clutch tomorrow and get to it this weekend so I can have some A/C.
yes it getting pretty hot out these days..