• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

all forged everything

LaughingGT

ok im looking to do some good upgrades in the future and was wondering what a 4.6 with all forged internals and an aluminum block what kind of HP and touq could that thing produce ? after all the upgrades i would twin turbo it would i have to worry about anything breaking ????

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I am not sure about blocks. I havent looked into them yet. I know the Forge internal stroker kits are about $2200. Stroker kits and reg forge internal kits are about same price. With a good block and forge internals you can make 600+ possibly with the twins

LaughingGT

im prety sure it could hold alot with everything being forged and if not i can always buy a 4.6 cast iron block and upgrde suspension in the front to hold it then it will just be a brick up front lol

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
What about the ford racing aluminator block. I hear that is stout. And twin turbos on a built motor with good heads tuned right will make much more than 600hp

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
1000+ with a good block and twin hair dryers. but anything over 500+ driveline mods must be utilized. i.e. built tranny, clutch/tq convt., driveshaft maybe, built rear end. and brakes..........still gots ta slow down.

02gt

buy the turbo kit first...here is why: the stock short block will take some power for a while as long as you dont drive like you stole it...you'll have more fun until you feel the need to get more...the stock aluminum block will take in excess of 750 800 hp on the motor pretty easily however thats def depends on the tune. As long as you go with quality forged interenals like manley they will take a **** ton of power the block will be the limiting factor, so if you want to make a 1000 HP might want to look in to a boss block
...tranny...may want to look in to an auto for fast times...you'll be faster with 550 hp auto vs a 650 hp stick car....something to think about.... have fun first then build the car you'll be glad you did....

Ford1288

Donator
I have heard the same 02GT just posted, the block in your car is really good, just have to upgrade the rest of the internals and it can handle alot of power.

LaughingGT

well if its true that it is a good block im not to worried about it im just wondering what kind of forged internals i should consider and how long it would take to pull the motor and replace everything its most likely not going to be just a weekend thing unless there is alot of help with it. but i was planning on the turbo kit first then forged just lookin for some direction

Ford1288

Donator
Turbo kit then forged is the way to go. I hear the magic number is 480hp with the stock internals. So as long as you get a conservative tune and dont drive it crazy your car will should be fine. Once you get it forged then just turn up the boost!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Why go that route? Why would you not do the block first to make it strong and then throw the blower or turbo on the car. What since does it make to do things over? so you put the F/I
on the car make good power 450+ take it to the track and beat on the car and it blows up. Now you have to go and get a block to start with that has FORGE internals. Since you are doing a new block you
should get some good heads to go with it, and now you have to change over your F/I get a new tune ect. see where im going with this?

If it where me I would get a forge stroker kit, and the F/I system have it all done at once. Dont go forward and them back step. That way you dont have to worry about the block. You should be good to
make some power. you have the s/c or turbo system to put on the block, and now get it tuned once. Im just saying dont just slap something on your car thinking your good and later want to turn up
the boost and blow the thing up. Spend the extra 2000$ and get forge internals. Spend a extra 3 and get a alluminater already forged ready for boost. throw some good heads on the car and be happy.

I think personaly with a good set of ported heads, cams, forge internals and some kinda F/I you will be happy. You should make 600RWHP easy. Its a daily driver do you really need anything more than that come
on.

Mach1Marauder

buy the turbo kit first...here is why: the stock short block will take some power for a while as long as you dont drive like you stole it...you'll have more fun until you feel the need to get more...the stock aluminum block will take in excess of 750 800 hp on the motor pretty easily however thats def depends on the tune. As long as you go with quality forged interenals like manley they will take a **** ton of power the block will be the limiting factor, so if you want to make a 1000 HP might want to look in to a boss block
...tranny...may want to look in to an auto for fast times...you'll be faster with 550 hp auto vs a 650 hp stick car....something to think about.... have fun first then build the car you'll be glad you did....

ONLY do that if YOU are doing ALL the work! No sense in paying labor TWICE!

Mach1Marauder

LaughingGT

Why don't you just state what you end goals are, so that those that know can advise you in a properly executed plan to meet those goals and NOT cost you more money than necessary.

02gt

he is gonna have to spend the money anyways may well have the fun first because the short block is good to go as long as the tune is good and it isn't driven 100 miles per hour every where....as for the building a block first if you guys are worried about breaking ****, your in the wrong sport....it's a part of racing...

Mach1Marauder

he is gonna have to spend the money anyways may well have the fun first because the short block is good to go as long as the tune is good and it isn't driven 100 miles per hour every where....as for the building a block first if you guys are worried about breaking ****, your in the wrong sport....it's a part of racing...

I don't like to waste people's money.

Mach1Marauder

well i guess i haven't made any sense here as usual...

Naaaaa man!
You're just not thinking it out fully.
Build a shortblock or long block....preferably a longblock with worked heads.
Swap over the parts that are being reused.
Take and SELL the perfectly good longblock that doesn't have WINDOWS in the block and recoup some dat duckets!....same with the tranny!