• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

all forged everything

GLDNPNY

Believe it or not the tune has more to do with performance than just what the reciprocating assembly is made from. Sure if you get into 700 plus HP even with the best tune parts are on borrowed time. Just remember, detonation is sorta like gravity. It WILL break stuff. You could have parts made of unobtanium and a shitty tune will turn them into shiny jagged rocks. Just ask the NMCA and FFW guys who run asstons of N2O. They have billet this and forged that. And one bad tune or a balky fuel solenoid and they still window the block. So yes, if you can pop for a forged crank, a good set of forged H beam rods and a forged piston (I like the DSS "X" skirt) even with a stock block just make sure the tune is dead nuts and a little on the safe side, especially with a power adder.

And for the record I have destroyed 2 stock block Ford engines using spray. The first one was a 160K 5.0L with a 125 shot and no retard (except for the driver). We never did find one of the pistons. The second was the stock 351 in the Lightning. 125 shot and 87 octane aren't a good match. But I also took a 3100 lb LX notch with a stock block 306 (stock crank, and rods with good bolts and an aftermarket piston) and sprayed 175 hp worth and ran 10.92 at 128 at Gainesville. I must have put 50 or 60 bottles through that little bomb and it just kept asking for more. I was tempted to up the shot to 200 but traded it before I could. And even after all that it STILL had 180-190 psi cylinder pressure on each hole and didn't use any oil. But I had that 650 AED tuned to within an inch of it's life!
Just my .02

LaughingGT

my goals 500 to 600 thats it not wanting much more wanting it to still be streetable and yet open up on the track

Renegade

well if you just want to stay at 500 then dont forge the internals, but if you want that extra hundred horses its going to mean a lot more money....

Renegade

well hell if thats all you want cut a little weight, make the suspension work and shoot a little giggle gas through it and you'll be good

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
If you want right around 500 forge the block. One of our other San Diego members can tell you a story about 519 RWHP and a cracked block. If you just want to beat a shelby I agree with Renegade. Set your suspension up get a good NOS system. ( i think I have about 800 in mine)
a stickey tire and just drive the car. These cars respond well to NOS. or any F/I for that matter. Its all about fun in my opinion not throwing money away. I personaly dont have money to burn. If thats you goal then good luck. Stickey tires some bolt ons and nos and your there.
Good Luck

LaughingGT

ya i want the constant power though i dont want to have the power only at the track and yes its an auto stall converter is on the tabel as well through about it but im likeing the way i launch right now its not to bad at all

Renegade

ya i want the constant power though i dont want to have the power only at the track and yes its an auto stall converter is on the tabel as well through about it but im likeing the way i launch right now its not to bad at all

its not too bad.... until you actually start making power

tached_out

If you just want a nice street car that can put the a$$ chewing to the average car off the lot ie vetts shelbs ect. You dont need forged internals.

Get your self a Kenne Bell or Whipple. Twin Screw is the best bang fun for the buck in my opinion for low hp numbers 400-500rwhp. If you want to reach 700rwhp then yes turbo or prochargers own (my opinion) but you will be spending 20k more doing excessive upgrades.

If you just want a nice street car contact ST Motorsports have Adam tune your car with a KB on it and get your suspension dialed in. Get some good tires, 1pc Drive Shaft and if your auto change your torque converter and do some weight reductions. There are so many stock block S197's in the 10's they may be gutted but thats not saying a stock weight S197 cant make mid 11's.

Now if you want an insane car in the future do it once and not twice like my self. I want a 700rwhp street car. I bought a procharger P1SC first blew my motor with a shitty tune. Now I have a motor that will handle 1000 hp and a blower that will no way in hell make that power. So I am having to redo my entire supercharger. I got my car up to 600rwhp right now. So if thats what you want Build your block first and do cams and heads. Run your car like that while you build supporting mods up then get your blower or turbo put on.

I would however just buy a complete short block and have your heads ported. You will save money doing that. Short blocks are so cheap forged compared to paying some one to pull your block and build it. Then you can sale your stock block for some $$ and put that to some more mods.

I agree with chief though we need a little more info on what your goals are. Also I am not sure what tranny you are running are you an AUTO cause I am making great power in some peoples eyes and I am still on the stock 5spd and have no issues. I may be on barrowed time but until its broke I will push it to its limit.

Mach1Marauder

LaughingGT
Feel free to call me and I'll go over your options and answer any questions you may have.
If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give ya my number.