• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alternator?

Mak

Looong story short. Noticed i was losing battery power the other day then my car wouldnt start. Got a jump start. Died 5 seconds later. Bought new $170 optima redtop. Same thing. Returned battery, got my money and the old battery back. Looking to change the alternator. This problem happened over the course of a couple days, (2-3) maybe, atleast that i've noticed. My stang is currently sitting near an elementary school off gold coast road which is off of black mtn road in Miramar, or something along those lines. Anyways, anyone have a known good alternator for a 2003 mustang gt? Autozone was asking $215, i walked right out of the store. Online i found a Bosch OE direct replacement for $122. Thought i'd check here first. Will be buying an alternator by/before the weekend.

Also, anyone have a dolley i can drive my car onto and get it towed somewhere other than some random neighborhood?

Thanks everyone.

-Mak

M

Mustangcwo

Are you certain that the alternator is the problem. A fully charged battery should have at least got you home if you had everything shut off but the motor.

Mak

Are you certain that the alternator is the problem. A fully charged battery should have at least got you home if you had everything shut off but the motor.

i ran the car the night before and all day yesterday, thats how im sure its the alternator

Mak

Napa on Convoy has one for $150 w/ exchange, borrowing friends truck, doing it tonight, if i run into trouble, my gunny said he'd help me, thanks anyways guys. Lets hope alls well that ends well.