• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bad News Bad News

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
503d1284593436-no_vb.jpg

When vBulletin was owned by Jelsoft we had quite a solid product, then Internet Brands come along and bought it out, along with many other companies in the process, oh yes, there's much more to Internet Brands than what you think. Why not check the current status of the bug situation.. well, that was not too bad earlier today on 1,725 Unresolved! Yes, that is how many bugs is in your current 4.0.7 version which you paid all that money for.

If you think vBulletin is alone in this situation well you would be wrong, since Internet Brands bought many other companies. Take a look at the following, from The Street Sweeper.

Although INET has since addressed the problem, the company remains under attack by unhappy vBulletin customers. Before that glitch even surfaced, in fact, TheLawProfessor.com was already blasting INET for the escalating fees it’s been charging for vBulletin since it gained control of the popular software program a few years ago. “The yearly product updates that I bought for $30 in 2007, which Internet Brands raised to $40 in 2008 and refused to sell me in 2009, (are) being offered to customers for $50 in 2010,” the legal website stated in July. “Now here is the kicker: If you bought a vBulletin 3 license in late August or September 2009, you found out that you had to pay $130 more to upgrade to vBulletin 4 just one month later.
“The past three years have been punishing,” the website continues. “And refusing me the ability to upgrade my software – without any prior notice or opportunity – reeks of a similar odor as consumer fraud.”

Read the full story here, then see what you think of vBulletin and what they are stating about their products.

Want to read more about vBulletin that has been kept quiet for so long, well click here to find out what happened to the original vBulletin team.

In a nut shell, most the neat add on we have on are site will not be supported anymore:( We may have to look for a new software of just stay with this one until we get charged an arm and a leg again:(

The nice banner we have on top will not be supported anymore:(
We have now stopped supporting and releasing any more modifications on vBulletin.org. Any modifications that are still on there will not be supported, all PM's will be ignored. This action follows after Internet Brands today decided to sue XenForo for copyright breach, the day before XenForo is due to go on sale.

StarAngel

Well, I guess we go clean? You gotta do what will work the best and be supported so we don't have crashes or so much lag. I'm sure you will figure it out E.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
All, the coders for Vbulletin left and are now working on there own product.. Called XenForo it looking pretty neat and is said to run extremely fast...

Maverick

Well there are some thing that I miss before you went with some of things here now. I mean no disrepect E you know this.

Things I don't like:
- I don't like the 1st post on top thing, really do not like it at all.
- I do not like the personal chat windows now. I miss seeing people in the main page, by what they chatted and posts in the side window. you cannot see the activity of the club.
- I don't like having games that don't work or lag out or freze up.

Do like:
having games back
FB connect.

my opinions I know

Maverick

oh and we need a way to see how the experience and stuff works, some kind of break down or something. I know why you wanted to have something so people could earn points but there is nothing to tell us how we gain and lose points.

Maverick

need to make this a complaints and concerns thread lol.

For donations, I think that all of us would agree and make donations if you had WHY we are donating money or to what.

Like for example:
- WS is collecting donations for (a part for the race car, click this link) (website yearly fess, click this link) (a specific future events or cruise, click this link)

I'm trying to be constructive is all.