• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chat Room Thoughts

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Over the last month or so there has been quite alot of use of the chat box for everything from people arguing to Technical questions. This is all good even though sometimes the arguments have gone a little too far. I am just as guilty of that myself.

The big issue is that the Technical Questions that people have are being lost in the rest of the banter in the chatbox. Alot of good answers to problems are getting lost forever. Part of the power of a forum is a collection of Problems and Answers to them. The remedy to this issue is very simple.....

If you have a Technical Question, please start a new thread about it. This is so that the answers to your issue can be searched for at a later time when the next person has the issue. No matter how minor the issue is please start a new thread in the proper technical forum. The bigger the database of tech issues we have the more knowledgeable all can be.

If you need immediate assistance on something, post it in the chatbox as you will probably get a quick response from one of our experts on here. Follow that up with a thread as soon as you can with the problem and the solution.

Moderators, if there is a thread created in the tech areas, please delete any off topic posts on the thread. That way it stays information only in there.

Thanks for helping resolve this problem and keeping Wickedstangs one of the best Mustang Forums on the net.

Oh yeah and keep chatting too, it passes the time real well....

Gib

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Gibs I set up channels now in the Chatbox...

0. Main channel
1. Family Chat
2. Technical Chat

All you have to do it click on that channel and you and the person can go and chat there.. Without messing up the Main Channel...

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
OK Cool that helps too. Still want the technical issues covered on the threads so we dont loose the info that is in them.

Thanks E.

Gib