• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

dumb question i think in reference to lug nuts

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
So i had the new meats mounted and balanced today it took a bad vibration i had between 60-80 away when i got home ot check the tightening on the lug nuts 2 on the passenger rear and 2 on the passenger front spin when i try to tighten them so i tried to loosen them nothing happen... i tried to pull off the lug nuts with a needle nose pliers with no success.. any ideas?

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
yes i was checking to make sure everythign was tight and 4 of them spin... i tried to loosen them as well nothing... the nuts move i tried to grab them with a needle nose so now i guess i have ot drive normal

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
def striped. If they were cross threaded it wouldnt spin and you would have to break them off. Or they could not be pressed in all the way. Idk. Never really had that happen.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Where did you have them mounted at? If by a shop, take it back and have them fix the screw up.

DrunkFatguy

Yep the studs knurling in the hub are stripped if they will spin, probably cross threaded with an Impact then the knurling stripped in the hub. Looks like you'll be talking to them soon about this situation.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
im gonna have to bite the bullet on this one because i dont speak italian

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
yeah 2 on two tires did it. the others were fine it moved about inch most when tightening the other ones. and the 4 weird ones i would turn it sometimes it would seem to be hard then turn freely... i can wiggle them with the needle nose too but cant pull them off wtf

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
At least the vibration is gone :lol:

J/K Bully
actually i am really happy haha its why im not too pissed off should cost too much to fix i was thinking worse like tie rod etc etc thankfully it was time for new meats