• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

EGR delete tuning

Ivan12

I'm a newb on this forum and need some help. I just installed some fox Bassani equal length headers on my 95 GT. They did not come with an EGR tube so I capped of the EGR hole with a block off plate. The problem is I'm getting an erratic idle, when the car is at a complete stop, the RPMs shoot up to 1500-1700 but when I shift they drop pretty fast. Not only that but my Check Engine Light is on. Does anyone know a shop that can get rid of this, and maybe fine tune it a bit? I live in Imperial Beach closer to Chula Vista. I'm not looking for a dyno tune, just someone to get rid of the kinks without breaking the bank (college student working part time). Thanks for any help or suggestions.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Do you still have your stock EGR Tube from your headers? If you do you will have to cut it and have a larger piece weld on.

crossbreedgt

i was looking into an EGR delete on ebay too.. what is the significance of deleting the EGR? it has to be something good AFTER telling the computer that youre pretending its still installed..