• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hey guys, ive been having issues with my foxbody

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
Ok so my 89 5.0 LX is burning rich and found out tonight that is miss firing used the paper trick. im getting codes 12, 21, 41,91, 33. I has a surging idle not all the time tho. So far i have replace every sensor except the BAP and crank position sensor. Also i have replace the fuel filter and pump cuz the pump went out last summer, i have replace the cap, rotor and wires all MSD, the dist is motocraft, the wires are 8mm and the plugs are autolite iridium core. Ive tested the fuel pressure and it holds at 40 with the vacuum line off. When i first replace the O2s it said they were rich, the second time i replaced them they said lean, the third time i replaced them they said rich now they are saying lean. And tonight i took a test light on the wires to see if im getting a consistant spark on all cyl which im not. I have spark on all of them just not lighting up how it should its dim.

So with that being said i will say what i have done to try to track the problem down. I have tested the fuel pressure and its good, i have checked and rechecked the timing multiply times, and had other people check it for me so i know it cant be that. I have replaced the egr, evp, tps(which is at .98v), maf(2 times), O2s (3times) act, ect, solenoid purge valve, fuel pump, fuel filter, iac and the icm(cap, rotor, wires, and plugs on every tune up which i do every 6mths). the parts that have been replaced multiply times were on warranty. Besides the parts i have replaced i have k&n air filter, msd cap, wires, plugs and msd2 blaster coil and auto lite iridium core plugs, everything else is stock.

The codes that are in my last post are the ones im refering to in this post and i pulled them today

(NW)Drake

Ok, so i found out that my dizzy bolt was loose so it changed the timing on me, it was at 20 btdc with the spout pulled off, reset it to 10btcd now the fuel smell is gone and no surging idle. How ever i now have a popping sound in the exhaust on decell, any ideas anyone?

(NW)Drake

Well guys I'm not sure what gasket I blew. Either the lower intake or the head or the thermostat gasket. I'm thinking lower intake because I cannot find what's causing the lean condition and now I have to rock the rack with the radiator cap on half way so it pressurize the system cuz its leaking coolant in the area of those three gaskets. Oh and not to mention may radiator has a very small leak now. So time to replace the coolant system. Out of those three gaskets which one is more likely to blow?

Man @ this point you need to just yank the whole damn thing and rebuild it along with the cooling system. Because at this rate you will have spent that kind of money any way

(NW)Drake

Your right I'm getting a 302 that's .030 over and ready for a 347 stroker kit by the end of next mth