• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

high idle issue

Sammy 5.0

So when I drive my car and I pull to a light to stop my rpms go up to about a 1000 sometimes 2000 can anyone help please cause it's wasting my gas.......most of the time if I Shut my car off and let it sit for a couple of minutes it goes to normal but I want to fix it.....thanks in advance

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Can you post a pic of your engine bay?

1. once you check for Lose MAF and Sensor.
2. Check all your vacuum hosed one may have popped off somewhere and you might want to check your throttle position sensor

Sammy 5.0

Can you post a pic of your engine bay?

1. once you check for Lose MAF and Sensor.
2. Check all your vacuum hosed one may have popped off somewhere and you might want to check your throttle position sensor
I have a collapsed hose coming from the passenger side going under my intake manifold

Sammy 5.0

I unplugged the tps sensor while the car was idling and it idled normal but the check engine light came on......so you think I should clean it or replace it?......thanks for all the advice and tips guys I appreciate it......and I'll make sure I'm at the November meet so could it just be dirty?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Need to stop by so we can hook it up to code reader and get to the bottom of your issue

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I unplugged the tps sensor while the car was idling and it idled normal but the check engine light came on......so you think I should clean it or replace it?......thanks for all the advice and tips guys I appreciate it......and I'll make sure I'm at the November meet so could it just be dirty?
You just need to take it off the car and clean it. I used break clean. Spray some break clean on a rag and rub it clean. I also used Q-tips.

That hose needs to be replaced as well.

Sammy 5.0

So I got some carb cleaner and took off my iac valve and sprayed it real good took q-tips and cleaned it I also took off the tps sensor and did the same to the inside housing and so far so good thanks guys