• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modded new edge GT passing emissions

Stangarang03

Hey guys, as I briefly mentioned in my introduction I just moved to La Mesa, CA from Seattle, WA. Im currently in the process of making my modded 2003 Mustang GT legal in California.

Things that are keeping me from passing emissions:

-JLT CAI (no EO#)
-SR performance 70mm TB (no EO#)
-SR performance upper intake plenum (no EO#)
-Bassani offroad x-pipes (no CATS)

My plan is to give them an EO# from a different TB and plenum (maybe they'll believe it?). Please let me know if this is a terrible idea.

I think I'll just have to buy a new CAI that is legal in CA.

Also, as far as the exhaust set up goes. I went to La Mesa Auto Center Boutique today to get a quote and he said he could weld in 4 new CATs for $880...

Anyway, I'm looking for some ideas as to what to do at this point. I'm currently getting shafted, and my bank account is suffering from it haha.

For your cats go to Ed Hanson's Muffler Shop in Spring Valley. He'll help you out and you probably won't have to break the bank doing so. And just like Tom posted, install the OEM parts to get it to pass then put your mods back on.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Like st3rl1ngy3llo wrote, Ed Hanson's Muffler Shop would be the place I recommend. Ed is a great guy and I can say he will give you a way better price than what you are quoted at the other place. Let him know you were referred to him from WickedStangs. Ed is a great guy and he's a huge supporter of the military and wounded veterans.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Throttle body and plenum don't require a carb sticker. Go to another smog guy that knows what he's looking at.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
As far as cats go go o to American muscle and buy the bbk cat back with free shipping and 5% with wicked stangs coupon code.