• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Moto Blue / SLP Line lock

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Well for those of you with a s197 and tired of dumping the clutch at the track and grabbing the brake to heat up the tires I would def get a line lock. Let me tell you that puts your car under great stress as well! I didnt realize untill I turned my LL on and dumped it about 2500 RPM and tires where up in clouds of smoke. I switched into second and I couldnt see out the window no joke.

The install was pretty straight forward. It went right off the directions. ( this is from memeory)

1. Disconectt he battery. ( you need to give power to solinoid from main wire running into the fuse box)
2. Disconnect the line going into the master cyl. and into distribution block in front of your CAI. ( this line will have to be bent and massaged to get out of clips and pulled out of the way. You will not need this line anymore)
3. Reinstall the brake lines from master cyl, a D block. ( these are supplied in kit and labeled no brainer)
4. on the solinoid you have to put thread sealer or tape and attach the supplied fittings
5. Tighten both sides of solinoid with the brake lines.
( I didnt have a angle drill to get in there to secure solinoid to the fender so I zip tied it to brake lines)
6. attach the supplied wire to the fuse block bolt giving main power and route it back to solinoid. ( thes directions say the front of engine bay but I zipp tied it to the back of wiring harnesses ect to give it a cleaner look) you can take the female end and put it on either prong of the solinoid.
7. attache the supplied ground cable from the switch in the car to the solinoid and a bolt on the frame some where.
8. Now comes the fun part. Bleed the brakes starting at the passenger corner. and workind your way to the front. Teh back brakes will feel ver spongy and this will scare you . ( the peddle will not get hard till you reach the fron brakes)

Now go find a back road to try it out. Mine works great. You guys can see the install sat. Rick did a great Job!!!! If you guys dont want to pay the cost of takeing your car to shops for wireing, small installs, he will help you. Just throw him a few bucks. He did my NOS install, line lock, purge, studs on rear axcels ect. He helps me and I learn as we go along. You guys can all see his work on my car. Some wires we still have to clean up under the hood but everything works and works good with no problems.

gmantheman

I may be getting line locks in the future. I have not tried doing a burnout in over a year. I hope I don't make a fool of myself tomorrow.

northerncountry

black stallion, your 100% right the line locks are the way to go for hard core drag racers. I have braided brake lines front and rear and there is no way I am going to tear up my rear powerslots just to heat up the tires. Also it will put less stress on your driveterrain