• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MY BUILD THREAD. lots of PICS

Foxman

A.o.p. (all out performance) designed and fabed the entire kit. Steve spurrier owner and master fabricator built this kit with a angle grinder and chop saw....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fangs99

Well, everyone...... Here's the update on the car.... The shop could not finish the car before I left California so, I'll be doing that plus fixing a few issues from the turbo kit..... The issues being the BOV hits the hood so getting the hood aligned is impossible untill I have a new boost pipe made.... The overflow tank that was fabed is too tall ( radiator cap hits too)...Oh, I have to get a new dip stick.... The shop didn't know that the stock one would not work with the forward facing headders that they fabricated 2 1/2 months ago and only realized it the day before I picked up the car.... That was last Tuesday and it was sopose to be done by 9 Sept...... The shop had the car for 9 months..... UNSAT... For $16,000

Ford1288

Donator
Well hopefully those problems don't take up too much time or cause too much trouble. Good luck man.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
That is a massive build!!! You have to expect some difficulties when it goes back together, I hope they deliver on time.

fangs99

They didn't deliver at all... I had to take the car incomplete.... I'm sure 9 months is plenty of time for this build.

fangs99

Thanks.... Here's an up date.... Did a compression check and I have 3 dead cyclenders..... So much for having a good engine builder. The new build will consist of my stock crank, 04 cobra rods, -2cc dish diamond pistons, mildly ported heads with +1mm valves and GT supercar cams. I will be changing my exaust housing on my 76mm turbo from a .96 to a .81
The compression on the new motor static should be around 10.0:1 plus with the .81 A/R housing on the turbo should make it a fun street car. The car will be at a small shop in Coco Florida called SVT (not ford's svt) I'll also be swapping out the enormous Eleminator fuel pump that's in the car now. And there will be a few other things to fix like the coolant system, and adding a PVC system. I did find a forward facing turbo hot side that retains the factory sway bar that I'm looking into as well. I'm glad I'm in a place with better shops and fabricators.

fangs99

Another up date..... The engine has been pulled out of the car, bare blocked, and documented the failure..... IT WAS the ENGINE BUILDER'S FAULT.... Not part failure. The timing chain crank gear was installed wrong causing a missalignment between the crank and cam gears. The result was a broken timing chain and guide.

fangs99

Ok.... Now for some good light on an old thread that went wrong....
I got the engine re-rebuilt and made a couple small changes.
The new combo... 9.9:1 compression .020 Modular Head Shop stage 1 ported heads ( flow 280 cfm)
Modular Head Shop stage 1 turbo cams (475 lift 215 duration) degreed in a 112.
I made a couple small changes to fuel system. I ditched the Aeromotive Eleminator fuel pump and picked up a Glenn's Performance back half with 2 external Bosh 044 fuel pumps. Re did the turbo feed and return oil lines and the power steering line. Still have to modify the coolant system and get a new wide band. Then it's a front end alignment and new tires for the rear. And finally some dyno time.
But here's a video on where it's at now.

fangs99

Yea All Out Performance didn't want to make a mount for the UPR Battery tray so they turned it sideways.... Thats was part of there last minute rush to finish the job. It works tho.

fangs99

I can tell everyone it's just a GT with a cobra bumper as long as I keep the hood closed. And with mild blips of the throttle the turbo is still silent.....sleeper.