• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need your thoughts on stripes...

Jay B

Anyone living in San Diego with an opinion on stripes? Not a style opinion but an opinion on the rate of degradation in our climate we live in. I have a Shelby with no stripes and am considering re-striping it. Unfortunately I can't garage it so am I foolish to put stripes on if they will rot in a few months? Any experience with this? Does anyone wax stripes to protect them?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Talk to Wickedstangs the Stickers we use for banner is good stuff. He can cut you some stripes

Jay B

Danny,
Yeah I thought about paint....but lookin like 2k so far. Tough to swallow.
blackstallion 06,
I don't get it...talk to who? What banner? sorry I don't know what you mean.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
blackstallion 06,
I don't get it...talk to who? What banner? sorry I don't know what you mean.

Emilio, AKA Wickedstangs. He makes our banner down here in San Diego. He has a cutter, maybe he can make you some stripes. The material he uses is pretty good. That's what Blackstallion06 was referring to. He forget to use commas or periods sometimes. LOL!

Jay B

Emilio, AKA Wickedstangs. He makes our banner down here in San Diego. He has a cutter, maybe he can make you some stripes. The material he uses is pretty good. That's what Blackstallion06 was referring to. He forget to use commas or periods sometimes. LOL!

Thank you!

wildman97

Camp Pendleton CA
I had stripes on my 06 GT and they never faided or peeled. When i would wax the car i used the same wax on the stripes. That was in the central valley where the summer is much worse than down here.

JarHead

If you decide to go with vinyl be careful with the metal flake stuff. I've seen a couple of stripes that have actually rusted that had metal flake in it. Just a heads up.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
jayb- Talk to Emilio ( WICKEDSTANGS) He has the vinyl ( sticker paper) to make stripes any color you want just like the stickers ( banner) that the guys have on there windshields that say wickedstangs

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
They did the door stripes in vinyl. There is a warantee notice out on the stripes, in my case DG customs got a ford dealer to sign off on doing the lemans stripes in paint which kept the cost for me very low. I suggest you talk to Craig and Vince at DG and see what kinda deal they can work for you

Jay B

They did the door stripes in vinyl. There is a warantee notice out on the stripes, in my case DG customs got a ford dealer to sign off on doing the lemans stripes in paint which kept the cost for me very low. I suggest you talk to Craig and Vince at DG and see what kinda deal they can work for you

Thanks. To clarify.....do you mean your stripes were under warranty and Ford honored it by covering a portion of the paint package? How did the door vinyl "shelby" lettering come out? Do they look original? Also, is that your Shelby GT in the pic?

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
DG convinced the ford dealer that it was less expensive to paint the stripes instead of replacing with the stock vinyl. The stripes are covered under warantee by SVT and Shelby. I had the vinyl stripes replaced twice before they were painted. The stock vinyl is terrible. DG did the side stripes with a different material and it is working well. That's about all I can say. U should talk to DG customs.

Jay B

DG convinced the ford dealer that it was less expensive to paint the stripes instead of replacing with the stock vinyl. The stripes are covered under warantee by SVT and Shelby. I had the vinyl stripes replaced twice before they were painted. The stock vinyl is terrible. DG did the side stripes with a different material and it is working well. That's about all I can say. U should talk to DG customs.

Thank you!