• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Clutch

96Saleen

Does anyone know a good brand for clutch kits. i burned mine out the other night racing a GTO cand its slipping like hell now, ive tried all the adjustments but i think its just shot, so im gonna look for a new stage 2 but i have no idea anything about them or whats a good one. anyone have any input? thanks

JGrace

Well it depends on your horsepower and what kind of pedal feel you want. Also you dont want more clutch than you have power. I have a Ram HD and it has good pedal feel but my RWP is maybe 330 or so and I have driven my Brothers 04 Cobra with a SPEC stage 2 at 620rwhp and it was nice so it depends on what you can live with and future mods I would say. Anyway thats my .02 cents good luck

96Saleen

thanks, yea i got to see what my power is somewhere between 350 and 400 i guess but it has alot of mods and no tune so well see what happens, but thanks man

northerncountry

x2 you need to get it tuned so you know exactly where your car is sitting at the flywheel so you can get the correct clutch set up!

M

Mustangcwo

He needs to get it tuned to prevent damaging the engine. Once you modify the motor, one has the opportunity to create a lean condition and possibly silent detonation.

Either one is an ENGINE KILLER :nonono:

Mach1Marauder

There's an old saying that appropriate for this thread.

You can pay me now, or you can pay me more later.

Get that thang tuned!

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
well what are your mods? ne way it shouldnt matter. even the ford factory tune may not be optimal, because every engine is different. id get a decent clutch, for your est. hp. mod motors are pretty consistent with mods, and hp. get clutch installed and get tuned.