• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Project Car!

.32H&R

Donator
So, I got a project car. A '96 Cobra w/ rebuilt title $2,200 it runs and drives. It only has over 200k miles and all the dash lights were on. I have tracked down all but two items. The ABS light being on, and the car alarm that is in it. This weekend I will be tracking down the car alarm for removal. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. I only have one key for the car.
3F43M53H95Ia5K35Jacbmadb0b63492b012af.jpg

.32H&R

Donator
Yes... well most of the car is mystic, the driver fender is red from where the accident was. When I go down this weekend (car is at father-in-laws) I will take more pictures. That picture is from the craigslist add.

.32H&R

Donator
Cleaned most of the car, could not get it all done due to father-in-laws shop vac is older than me. Pulled the console, looked under the dash, and engine bay for an alarm system. Could not find anything, so did some research. It is the PATS, and there are only a few ways to fix it. The solution for now it to not lock the car and deal with it later. The engine has been bought and should be here soon. Due to the other projects in the garage no real work will begin until Feb., so until then it will be small things and prep. I will post pics tonight.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Good project. Maybe set up a wickedstangs restore day.

.32H&R

Donator
Thank you guys for the support, I will update as things progress. Current efforts are going for the sale of the Mach, as that is what will fund paint, suspension, and whatever else comes up.

.32H&R

Donator
Things are going slow, but hope to have it up here Sunday so I can do small things and prep before it gets in the shop in Feb. We have discovered that the radiator has a leak, and it won't hold a charge. So much for the guy putting in new of both. We have also gotten the engine out of the truck.

.32H&R

Donator
Sorry for the late update. We rinsed the entire cooling system off, found that there was no thermostat, and no leak in the radiator. I had it all ready to drive up, but I got about 20 minutes from my father-in-laws and the car started overheating. This last weekend we did some more trouble shooting and have decided that it has a very small head gasket leak. We do not have the adapter to do a pressure check of the system, but with all the symptoms that we have that is the only thing it could be.

.32H&R

Donator
Well, got the car in the shop and will be checking the 5.4 the next time I go down.

Attachments

• 2013-02-16 17.08.39.jpg
    2013-02-16 17.08.39.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 171
  • 2013-02-16 17.09.16.jpg
    2013-02-16 17.09.16.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • 2013-02-16 17.29.01.jpg
    2013-02-16 17.29.01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 163

.32H&R

Donator
I got everything disconnected and out of the way for the engine to be removed. I was able to pull it Sunday thanks to my father-in-law and his friend pulling the radiator during the week. The hardest part was getting on the passenger side manifold and the top starter bolt. Also checked things over on the 5.4L to make sure nothing noticeable was wrong. Will be getting the chassis out of the garage so we can clean the engine bay before getting to much further.
CIMG1879.JPGCIMG1896.JPGCIMG1897.JPG

.32H&R

Donator
For the next while I will be going over the engine harness and converting what will be used on the 5.4L.