• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Phantom Leak

LaughingGT

Hey i have a question. have anyone one of you had a phantom oil leak on an 05 and up GT? i cant find were this damn thing is at. im tired of lookin for it. it dosent drip it looks like all of it is all blown back from the radiator fan. anyone please help

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
How bad is the leak? Mine sometimes leaks a little from the relief hole under the cap on the catch tank and yes the fan or the air coming through as I am driving blow it all over the engine. Have you had to add water yet?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
It is probaly your lower pulley. Mine has blow by as well. I have to take mine off and put some more RTV on the bolt. Mine don't drip oil but makes everything greasy

LaughingGT

well black that sounds about right everything is oily under the hood and it really irritates me . but other than that no one else has hard of this ????

ears

maybe your front crank seal, those things are tempramental. and that would leak all over your crank cog and get blown around by the fan aswell

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Oh... I just read your post again.. I thought you were talking about coolant., but now I see you said oil. I havent had any oil leaks anywhere on mine... And I havent heard of anyone else up here having that prob w/ their S197.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Its seems pretty commen when you change to underdrve pullys on these cars. When I actually clean my motor I just use thei orange degreaser and spray it down. Then let it sit and just wipe it down.
I do need to RTV the pully bolt though. I know it would fix the problem.