• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pristine 95 Cobra build....Mild to Wild!

Mach1Marauder

A gentleman called me early in the morning a few days a go with some questions about his 95 Cobra. He wanted my opinion on installing a KB on his car. I really don't care for the KB on a pushrod Mustang. He asked what I'd do to it if it were mine. I told him that I'd do a little 76mm turbo with all the supporting mods. He then asked would it beat his wife's new SHO Taurus. I told him it would blow it outta the water.

Before I knew it, he wanted me to come and get the car and start the build! We settled on a deposit and a direction of the build. I left to get the car. When I got there, I was floored! This car is CLEAN!!!!

This is going to be a very QUICK build. The engine, tranny, fuel tank and radiator are out. Rear end is dissassembled and prepped for welding. All parts are here, except for the tranny, driveshaft and subframes......should be here by Thursday.

Combo Stats:
Forged 331 with a Dart block
Mild turbo Cam
AFR heads
Crane rockers
Polished stainless hot side......customer wanted a non-coated hotside.:nonono:
Single pass horizontal flow intercooler with aluminum cold side. I'll prolly polish it.
Victor Jr intake with EFI Spyder top and Accufab throttlebody.....all polished
Custom fuel system.....nothing too radical for only 650 RWHP or so.
Simple Greddy boost controller.
T4 framed 76mm Garrett turbo
T-56 Magnum 6 Speed with Zoom twin disc
More than likely 3.55 gears, 04 Cobra diff, welded rubes and fully welded boxes and uppers
Relatively quiet MM upper and lower arm for the street.

I'll post pics as the project progresses.

Mach1Marauder

Some pics.........sorry about the quality....I didn't take them.

9df2dff7.jpg

23ace208.jpg

ALL EMPTY!
06ab9d46.jpg

a38793a0.jpg

87f8b470.jpg

ON THE GROUND!
0f42d1b6.jpg

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

b092f738.jpg

f245c2a2.jpg

5ad080e6.jpg

cc24af6e.jpg

The Tremmec 6060 and Zoom set up got here yesterday.

Old tranny mount is cutout and new one and full length subframes will go on this afternoon.