• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

pro 50's vs steeda tri short throw.

animal-wv

i have a 02 gt with 4:10 gears and was wondering what you all thought about your experiences with either shifter.

M

Mustangcwo

Both shifters are well worth what you pay for them. I have driven cars with both shifters and you cannot go wrong with either one.

Soyplata

I have owned both the Tri-ax, and the Pro-5.0, they are both nice. I now have the MGW , which I really like, shorter throws it seems !!

animal-wv

it looks like the MGW is made with a better quality, but also looks like it does not set in the shift boot as well. the steeda tri has adjustments the lower or raise the heighth of the handle, but when lowered it looks like it will rub a hole in the boot. pro 50's shifter looks like its placement is better in the boot, but might have you leaning over reaching for gears. maybe after addding a roush handle to the pro 50's will give better reach and be the most succsessful shifter.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
What I have observed is that the pro 5.0 is fantastic on cars with the T5 (SN95's like yours) on an S-197 it is a different set up and requires some fiddling. We put one in NorthernCountry's 2007 GT and it was very stiff in 5th and reverse. You should be very happy with the Pro 5.0 in an 02 GT.

Renegade

Renegade.....why do you wish you had the pro 5.0 over the steeda?

because i prefer very short throws in a transmission, and while the steeda has a shorter throw than stock, it isn't as short as i would like it, and yes i have the handle in the lower adjustment

animal-wv

I am pretty sure im going to buy the pro 5.0....with the addition of a roush handle i think it will be exactly what i am looking for.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I have a hurst in mine and love it. Shortest throw i have seen so far in a s197. Maybe look into hurst and see if they make one for your car