• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Racing at the Q-Friday 3/5/10

northerncountry

Fighting sailor well be heading out there pretty soon we will try to get as close to the track as we can! see you guys there!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
It was good to get back on the track, but the runs were crap. Problem spinning all night. The car was loose after take off. Had to feather the gas on every run to recover the car. No traction. The best I did was 9.4, 83mph, 2.4 60ft. Could have done that before the blower except for the mph, which I am happy about. My previous best mph was 75. But otherwise was a disappointing night for my runs. But thanks everyone for coming out and supporting us.

02gt

It was good to get back on the track, but the runs were crap. Problem spinning all night. The car was loose after take off. Had to feather the gas on every run to recover the car. No traction. The best I did was 9.4, 83mph, 2.4 60ft. Could have done that before the blower except for the mph, which I am happy about. My previous best mph was 75. But otherwise was a disappointing night for my runs. But thanks everyone for coming out and supporting us.

man you know your gonna get dissapointed if you go there, lets just say your MPH is saying low 8's but.....with a better lanuch you can easily hit 8 flats....that track sucks so bad that i even get loose on strait slicks....and the best 60' i have ever been to get out is a 1.69 over there....just terrible

spdpilot

Funny thing is.... I saw some people there from Barona and they offered to help them prep the track. I don't know what "help" means, but they didn't except their offer.

How expensive is VHT?? Seriously, anyone know?

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Funny thing is.... I saw some people there from Barona and they offered to help them prep the track. I don't know what "help" means, but they didn't except their offer.

How expensive is VHT?? Seriously, anyone know?

Doesn't surprise me at all

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Those people at RaceLegal don't know what to do with professionally prepped track. They asked for volunteers and help was offered, they refuse them. WTF?????

02gt

thats why i say boycot their asses. to me it's not worth the 30 dollars that i have to pay if they can not set the track up properly....

Ford1288

Donator
Just gotta remember the program is not tailored for highly modified cars.... its to get the dumb kids off the street with their little Hondas and what not. Boycotting them would almost mean you promote idiots to take it to the streets...

Lordgufi

thats not 100% true iether. the term race basically coins the fact that you have modified your car. even street cars off the factory floor with a 4 cyl and no power adder cant hook on that "track", plus they have two tracks... one for slicks and one for streets. the VT treatments arn't horribly expensive and if it was free... honestly I dont see what their issue was with accepting a little help from people that mabey don't "do it right" but certain "do it better"

yosemiddysam

Donator
Yeah but the supposedly sticky track.....(far left lane) was being used and it was no better than the right.

spdpilot

Well I don't know that anyone was going to give them the VHT for free. I just heard a statement that help was offered to prep the track.

It takes some experience to prep it REALLY well. But if you follow some basic guidelines, you can get the track work fairly well.

But I am positive NO glue (VHT) was used on the track last time. I NEVER have traction issues with my truck on any track or on the street. I can hammer it off the line with no spin.

Many people have tried to talk to Racelegal about all this and it does no good to try anymore. Funny thing is, there was one Racelegal night a few months ago the track was pretty good (for them). Just know way to know.

Barona is not much further for me to drive, so I am going to stick with Barona for a while.

Has anyone ever talked with Racelegal about renting one of the tracks for a Friday night while they run other track for the other people? We could prep it ourselves.