• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some new parts

94riogt

Got some new parts for the car, not quite sure how everything is gonna handle just yet but im hoping for the best. I'll let you know once its all in!

IMG_0376.jpg

Laying everything out from the package

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Everything mocked up for assembly

IMG_0380.jpg

The money shot

What do you guys think?

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Definately a Bach house!!

Car parts on the carpet would get most of us killed!! :rofl::rofl:

M

Mustangcwo

Nice work, you'll like the results. Where are the pics of the car??

94riogt

Actually got all the parts locally off of a few different people on CL. Everything is brand spankin new outa the box except for the coilover kit.

Heres a few shots of the car from awhile ago, I havent taken any recently and i'll need to take new ones once the headlights, tint and coilovers are on:)

IMG_0157-1.jpg

IMG_0153-1.jpg

No, shes not a Cobra, the previous owner stuck those on and I just havent had the time to go to the junkyard to get some GT badges.

Shes got JBA ceramic coated shorty headers, catless h-pipe, flowmaster catback, H&R sport springs, saleen K-member brace, kenny brown subframe connectors, FRPP King cobra clutch, FRPP adjustable clutch cable, Steeda firewall adjuster, Steeda clutch quadrant, 3.73 gears, Hurst short throw shifter, MSD cap/rotor, MSD coil, supposedly a cam and 1.6 roller rockers aswell but ive never taken the valve covers off so I dont know fersure yet.

Parts going on:
Tokiko Illumina shocks/struts
coilovers with 300# springs
Steeda caster/camber plates
Steeda adjustable rear sway bar
Steeda HD upper control arms(might not install these since I plan on going panhard bar/torque arm in the next few months)

Tommy

You WILL feel a great difference.

All those parts spread out....looks like my garage right now :rock:

94riogt

Ha I sure am hoping that I will, my only concern is the CC plates. They are the Steeda 3-bolt design. From what I have been reading you should use a 4 bolt design with coilovers, however I was reading on the griggs website they actually suggest a 3 bolt design. There CC plates are super beefy but they are made of aluminum, the Steeda plates arent as beefy but they are steel so im thinking that will make up for this?

MM suggests a 4-bolt because of flex in the 3 bolt design, and I respect MM and believe what they say. But I also respect Griggs just as much, if not more, and they say essentially the opposite of what MM says.

You guys think im alright with these Steeda plates? I got them brand new for $60 and they are like $190 direct from Steeda so I figure even if they bend (which im thinking is the most likely thing to happen if there is a failure) im not really out that much.

What do you guys think?

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Ha I sure am hoping that I will, my only concern is the CC plates. They are the Steeda 3-bolt design. From what I have been reading you should use a 4 bolt design with coilovers, however I was reading on the griggs website they actually suggest a 3 bolt design. There CC plates are super beefy but they are made of aluminum, the Steeda plates arent as beefy but they are steel so im thinking that will make up for this?

MM suggests a 4-bolt because of flex in the 3 bolt design, and I respect MM and believe what they say. But I also respect Griggs just as much, if not more, and they say essentially the opposite of what MM says.

You guys think im alright with these Steeda plates? I got them brand new for $60 and they are like $190 direct from Steeda so I figure even if they bend (which im thinking is the most likely thing to happen if there is a failure) im not really out that much.

What do you guys think?

HP2 says if I ever lay car parts on her carpet for pictures I will have two little lumps in my throat after she places as well put kick!!

Other than that, we say you got some nice looking parts to put in!

94riogt

Ha I have considered selling them, but for the price I got them at if they do end up working out it would be a real steal! I figure if I resold them itd be for like around $100 then im still out another $100 on the MM plates even though these Steeda plates cost the same new. Lamesauce