• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

sport chip by diablo

Renegade

you already have one? then why are you looking at a chip? you dont need it, a chip is an alternative to a hand held

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Chip is burnt from a tuner and sent out like a mail order tune. It will not work with your car.
Keep the Diablo. Just have spankin times tune the car

gmantheman

+1 on just keeping the diablo. Now there is much debate on email vs dyno tune. If you have minor bolt ons such as a CAI and UDP then a email tune will be enough. Once you start adding CAMS or Supercharger then get a dyno tune. ST would be my choice. There are a few companies that do email tunes for the diablo. American muscle is going to start doing them for new customers soon. Other companies that do email tunes are Eric Brooks (one of the best tuners) www.brooksspeed.com, Power House racing and Performance www.powerhouseRP.com (Eric Brooks does most of the tuning for this company), modular depot www.modulardepot.com

Renegade

+1 on just keeping the diablo. Now there is much debate on email vs dyno tune. If you have minor bolt ons such as a CAI and UDP then a email tune will be enough. Once you start adding CAMS or Supercharger then get a dyno tune. ST would be my choice. There are a few companies that do email tunes for the diablo. American muscle is going to start doing them for new customers soon. Other companies that do email tunes are Eric Brooks (one of the best tuners) www.brooksspeed.com, Power House racing and Performance www.powerhouseRP.com (Eric Brooks does most of the tuning for this company), modular depot www.modulardepot.com

sorry but an email tune can never compare to a dyno tune no matter what mods you have when it comes to power gains or safey

gmantheman

sorry but an email tune can never compare to a dyno tune no matter what mods you have when it comes to power gains or safey

With minor mods, how much more hp/tq will a dyno tune safely get over an email tune? 3-4? I don't think 3-4 hp is worth the extra 150-200. My email tunes have been spot on as far as driveability and A/F ratios. I trust both Chris Rose and Eric Brooks email tunes.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=300051

Renegade

when i say safety im not talking about safely making a couple more hp, im talking about having the right A/F and the right timing, you can have just a CAI and an email tune set up for a DIFFERENT car, but we all know that these mod motors are not all the same when they roll out of the factory, so what was right for the car that the email tune was initially made for could cause your car to run lean or detonate which could be catastrophic for even a stock engine. i have a SCT tuner for my car but it is sitting in the box still because i will not trust an email tune. $300 dyno tune from a very respectable tuner and knowing your car is spot on and running safely, or being "cheap" with a $75 email tune and risking spending $10K on building a new motor after yours goes KABOOM!!!!!!!

gmantheman

I think my email tunes are pretty safe. My A/F, depending on the tune are in the 12.4:1 and 12.9:1 both are pretty much spot on.

gmantheman

About 95-99% of the threads I have read regarding email tunes said the A/F was pretty much spot on. If for any reason it's lean or rich, the tuners will adjust it for free.

tached_out

E-Mail tunes are decent for bolt on cars. They have improved allot over the years. I don't think you have much to worry about blowing your motors because most of the tunes are pretty conservative.

However I would prefer a dyno tune by ST and spend the money over a mail tune. It's more then just 3-4 horse power. Drivability is a huge factor as well and cold start. Just the overal the way your car runs to me is worth it. With a dyno tune you know every detail that has gone into your car and know what your car is doing.

I have been in some cars including my old brenspeed tune which sucked that was mail order and I have been in some mail order tunes that rocked and felt great. Not to mention once you get in with a good tuner he will do you right all the time. If you need an adjustment, new mods what ever they will cut you a deal on the next tunes.

You really cant go wrong either way but as for which is better diablo or sct it just depends on your application. I don't know many procharger cars that run well on SCT and when it comes down to software to me there is no better there both top notch. Its going to be what your tuner can tune best with.

I do know though with my old xcal I couldnt data log. With my Diablo I can data log.