• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Transmission problem?

Mak

Hey guys, seen a couple of you Wicked Stangs members racing around my neck of the woods, even 1 guy on base here at Miramar, thought i'd check this site out.

One problem i'm having with my mustang, and have been for a few months, is a "pissing" sound coming from my transmission, goes away once i put my clutch in enough to where it almost disengages, was thinking it might be my clutch cable loose? It's very hard to slam 2nd at the drag strip, and it grinds going from 5th to 4th, but not from 3rd to 4th. Guy at JBA suggested i adjusted the clutch cable points, no clue how, lookin for some help from someone who's ahd to deal with this before.

A little history about my stang, new engine was put in around 28k, owner before me hydro-locked the old engine, let it sit for 7 months while he was deployed, blew a piston threw the side of the block, had a new engine put in. That's all i know, i bought it with almost 29k, ran good for about a year, bought it in Dec. of 2008, now im having this "pissing" sound. Transmission seems like its running very hot, thankfully i didn't buy the hurst metal shift knob when i installed the short throw shifter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hope to hang out / meet up with you guys soon. Thank again. :hello: