• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WickedStangs Race Team

M

Mustangcwo

Alright club members. It is time to get serious about getting this race car into a regular routine and put a real Race Team together. I know that the car still has a ways to go, but to make it to the next level we'll need some people to become experts in certain feilds. There is another engine to build, suspension changes to make, overall strategy decisions and a primary driver requirement. I have not passed this around yet, but I would like to see people volunteer to take over positions and become experts in their field. I'm not asking for all your time. Just need people to sit in on meetings once or twice a month followed by working parties when parts become available. The core/team will guide the remaining members and make decisions in their area of responsibility.

I'm already volunteering Emilio to become our tuner...he will take over from Dante once the tweecer is installed.

I would like to remain crew chief until I leave next year and then we will need a new leader for the project.

Here are the rest of the positions:

Suspension:
Electrical:
Engine:
Drivetrain (transmission/differential/axles):
Pit Crew Member (Tire pressures/staging):
Pit Crew Member (Fluid levels/gauges):
Driver: This position should be for someone who enjoys racing, can maintain a fairly constant weight and is preferably less than 190lbs.

If there are any other positions that I have missed, make those recommendations too.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Driver: This position should be for someone who enjoys racing, can maintain a fairly constant weight and is preferably less than 190lbs.

If there are any other positions that I have missed, make those recommendations too.

LOL not many of those here, and we know Emilio isnt gonna drive it...>LOL Looks like Eric or James are gonna be driving.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
How many Pit Crew Members are you looking for?

Also, are you gonna have several of each? With many of us being military there are gonna be times when people can not make it due to obligations. I think having several for each position would be a good idea.

Gib

M

Mustangcwo

How many Pit Crew Members are you looking for?

Also, are you gonna have several of each? With many of us being military there are gonna be times when people can not make it due to obligations. I think having several for each position would be a good idea.

Gib

Right now, I think two pit crew members is what we are searching for. I have a few volunteers already and yes, there should be two people in each postion...at a minimum. However, I do need a primary to make the decisions and keep track of what we have accomplished to this point. Lots of drawings, measurements, and data needs to be recorded and put into a book.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Sweet. I figured that you had already thought about it.

Gib

Ford1288

Donator
I would do pit crew or drive. 170 by the way. Just let me know and im there to do what I can.

Mach1Marauder

Is the car complete now?
Has it been 4 corner scaled?
Exactly where is the car located?
Where is the build on the car?

yosemiddysam

Donator
I just want to throw this out there.....Is there a way to insure the car? I know one of the biggest things that weigh on me for driving it is that racing is racing and bad things can and will happen. Even the best of drivers have crashes/mechanical problems/ accidents. I just would not want to be "The Guy" who caused the car to break/crash and have everyone that put time and money into the car pissed off at me. Lets face it......as the car gets faster the difficulty driving it, maintaining it, and results from an accident get way worse. Aside from all of the things listed I would be more than happy to drive/work on the car. Also if the car is going to be racing as much as possible the pit crew guys might have a hard time balancing between the race car and their own personal cars. I know once my car gets finished I will be wanting to race it again......... Sorry for the long read. Just some things on my mind!!!!

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
I am always up for a working party or whatever.... However, I dont have the proper skils in any area... I am a fairly constant 175 lbs...

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
im late on this, and i wish i was still there. but i have a question. someone mentioned how emilio wont drive it. ? why is that. and even with a primary driver, its still open to club members who want to drive.....not just the "driver" right?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
LOL not many of those here, and we know Emilio isnt gonna drive it...>LOL Looks like Eric or James are gonna be driving.

what? I weigh 185 what are talking about:) how are you putting in your 2 cents, I never see you at any event:)

yosemiddysam

Donator
OK I will make it more simple of an answer....... I race the car and loose traction (which wont happen for lack of power lmao) slam the wall and destroy the front end......Do I pay to fix the damage?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
OK I will make it more simple of an answer....... I race the car and loose traction (which wont happen for lack of power lmao) slam the wall and destroy the front end......Do I pay to fix the damage?

That is going to have to be discussed at our next meeting because we do need insurance.. With all the new drivers now...:tea: