• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ya like these numbers?

Mach1Marauder

How does 785/711 with 22psi 11.8A/F and 21*..........on E85
That's conservative for E85
That's on a hot engine.
It's stroker 4.6 DOHC, cams ported heads with a 3.4 Whipple with a return style fuel system
2600 rpms to 6400rpm all above 600 ft/lbs and 1900 rpms of over 700 ft/lbs in that range.
Hp never dropped off.
It would make 800 on a cold engine

Nice daily driver, huh?:rock::rock:

02gt

thats nasty, how much more fuel do you have to add to even every thing out? i heard that you have to run it richer to make it work right?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
thats nasty, how much more fuel do you have to add to even every thing out? i heard that you have to run it richer to make it work right?

The Stoichiometric point for E85 is 9.675
The Stoichiometric point for gasoline is 14.64

Mach1Marauder

Roughly 30%
This is a return system. The a/f was very flat before on the break in tune, so just added 28% across the board. We did bump the baseline fuel pressure to 50psi on the fuel pressure regulator. It was trending leaner at 5700.
Keep in mind, this is on winter fuel. It's actually E70 or so right now for cold start ease. It will have to be retuned for E85 once it switches over in April here.
It will also make a bit more HP on the summer with the same timing and should be able to run a degree more safely. At 11.8, the a/f is conservative. Mainly for slight differences in fuel quality out there.

It still shows up the same a/f on the wideband.

02gt

what does e85 go for per gallon? it seems as so it's becoming very popular to run that...

Shane361

So what do you think I will be running with a built block and a 3.4 on 91 Bill? Curious what my weak factors will be at this stage. Build sounds badass!

Mach1Marauder

So what do you think I will be running with a built block and a 3.4 on 91 Bill? Curious what my weak factors will be at this stage. Build sounds badass!

I don't see much of a problem of meeting your goal with a 3.4. The best thing is that your IAT2 numbers will be lower and stay lower over the long run VS the KB. This guys numbers stayed low all afternoon tuning and the supercharger never got hot. The iron block did retain a lot of heat though. I took the car out for a test drive with the owner and the dang car is so much more nasty, it's totally unreal!
His next mod will be the Crusher with the slot MAF. As this car sits and at the same level of tune, I have no doubt that it would make over 830..............well over 830:rock:

Stangguy

That's weak Bill! We can beat that lol! :reddy: I'm playing those are great numbers! Great work sir!

Stangguy

427w dart block, AFR 225 heads (reworked by tony), solid roller cam, full racing suspension. Now twin HP66 turbonetics turbos with 16lbs of boost. Depends on who's definition of street car :)

Mach1Marauder

427w dart block, AFR 225 heads (reworked by tony), solid roller cam, full racing suspension. Now twin HP66 turbonetics turbos with 16lbs of boost. Depends on who's definition of street car :)

LOL!.........I've played that game too.
I MIGHT have a change of heart an make Louise into a grudge car of S&Gs