• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

03 Cobra intercooler switch

Anthony Longoria

Hey everyone ... I had a great weekend because I picked up a 2003 Cobra from a dealer in Tacoma. The car only has 35K miles and its awesome ..... I have a quick question.... The previous owner decided to incorporate a toggle switch which turns on the intercooler pump and the guys at the dealership said its for when Im at the track I can put ice or whatever20121008_195946.jpg in it to help it run cooler. I was driving around the other day for a while and when I got home I realized that the Supercharger was very very hot ... Im not too sure if I should be flipping this switch every time I drive the car or only when Im pushing it hard??? I have attached a few pictures .. any help would be great ... thanks....

Attachments

• 20121008_200011.jpg
    20121008_200011.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 123

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
yes, that which needs to be on always when the car is on... When your at the track you can turn the switch on when the car is off and the cooler will circulate. Basically runs the pumps full time..

You can turn it on and see if your pump is working...

Anthony Longoria

Got it .... wow .. its really gonna be a pain in the A to have to pop the hood everytime I get in and out of my car ... I need to figure out some way to wire that switch into the inside of the car ....

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Got it .... wow .. its really gonna be a pain in the A to have to pop the hood everytime I get in and out of my car ... I need to figure out some way to wire that switch into the inside of the car ....

The pump should automatically come on with the switch off and the right temperature. You can test the pump with that switch to see if its working flip it on and see if the pump works...

Anthony Longoria

Thanks for the Help Emilio ... I just went and checked it out ... the pump does kick on automatically after the car is started and the switch is only used to turn the pump on while the car is off ... Im guessing I would want that coolant to remain flowing while at the track to keep everything cool before or after a race ...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the Help Emilio ... I just went and checked it out ... the pump does kick on automatically after the car is started and the switch is only used to turn the pump on while the car is off ... Im guessing I would want that coolant to remain flowing while at the track to keep everything cool before or after a race ...
That is exactly what it does... Nice car by the way...