• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

03 mach1 squeak

I've got a terribly annoying squeak coming from my front passenger side wheel well. I've replaced my hub already and it still happens. Any clue as to what it could be?

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Springs? I would guess possibly the isolator is worn or the actual bushings. I have yet to do bushings on our 04 but it squeaks. If I remember even the cobras were noisy in 03 and 04.

Gibs

Not gonna lie, ive never heard of isolators, what are they? But im planning on replacing bushings and struts next weekend. I want to hurry and get this problem resolved because its embarrising to drive a really nice car and it sound like its falling apart. thanks for the heads up though gibs

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
The isolators go on the top and bottom of the spring. They are made of rubber and isolate the spring from the chassis.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Alot of the New Edge guys will take those out when swapping springs and not put them back. Just a thought as to what it could be, Could be your bushings or struts too. These New Edge cars just rattle and such. Ford craftsmanship I guess.

Oh gotcha. Ok idk if those are still there or not. Ill be checkin that soon. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Hope to see yall at the torrey pines gathering tomorrow.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Not so much for me, thats a long commute to Torrey Pines.