• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

13 NOV 2010 WickedStangs KOT @ Barona

jagger969

I got drinks and chips and dip. I will bring my cooler as well. I will bring water and Mountain Dew or coke or whatever...

M

Mustangcwo

10 cars and lots of fun. 8 cars raced in the KOT event and PHIL (blackstallion) was the winner. Thanks to everyone that participated and the good times!! :rock:

2K7GTCS

This was my first time running at this track. I only had three runs all day. Well, four, but they gave me somebody else's time slip on my last run!?
Street tires aired down to 25lbs. 3.73 Rear, FRPP CAI, Automatic /w stock stall converter. Blended 93 octane with email Bama 93 Race tune.

1. 8.81 @ 81.77 /w 2.07 60ft
2. 8.88 @ 81.45 /w 2.09 60ft
3. 8.77 @ 82.14 /w 2.07 60ft

My third run, which is my new personal best, was when I was up against Phil in the first round of the KOT bracket race. We both broke out, I just did it worse. I dialed-in @ 8.85 and ran the 8.77; Phil dialed-in @ 7.85, and ran a 7.78 - I was the happiest loser you ever saw.

Track prep was great! It felt like I was bogging off the line on the first two passes. On the third pass I had the perfect amount of tire slip to get the RPM's up.
I know the conditions at Barona are not always this good, but now I know why people swear off running in the Qualcomm parking lot. Night & Day!

There is one more race date at Barona this year, and I will be there for sure.

~David

gmantheman

This was my first time running at this track. I only had three runs all day. Well, four, but they gave me somebody else's time slip on my last run!?
Street tires aired down to 25lbs. 3.73 Rear, FRPP CAI, Automatic /w stock stall converter. Blended 93 octane with email Bama 93 Race tune.

1. 8.81 @ 81.77 /w 2.07 60ft
2. 8.88 @ 81.45 /w 2.09 60ft
3. 8.77 @ 82.14 /w 2.07 60ft

My third run, which is my new personal best, was when I was up against Phil in the first round of the KOT bracket race. We both broke out, I just did it worse. I dialed-in @ 8.85 and ran the 8.77; Phil dialed-in @ 7.85, and ran a 7.78 - I was the happiest loser you ever saw.

Track prep was great! It felt like I was bogging off the line on the first two passes. On the third pass I had the perfect amount of tire slip to get the RPM's up.
I know the conditions at Barona are not always this good, but now I know why people swear off running in the Qualcomm parking lot. Night & Day!

There is one more race date at Barona this year, and I will be there for sure.

~David
Congrats on the new P.B. Your car is indeed quick. I bet with sticky tires you could easily see mid to low 8s. Barona can be hit or miss but once you get sticky tires it doesn't matter that much.