• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4th of July Freedom Festival at NMAWC, Point Loma

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I will no longer be here, but I saw the banner at the base today so figured I would post it up so people can get registered early.

Last year the group that went had a great time. The link to the flyer and registration is here:

Flyer: http://www.mwrtoday.com/Sandiego/Car show/2010 Freedom Fest_Car show Info Sheet.pdf

Registration: http://www.mwrtoday.com/Sandiego/Car show/4 July 2010 Freedom Fest Car Show App.pdf

4th of JULY CAR SHOW
AT THE
2010 FREEDOM FESTIVAL
Presented by MWR Auto Skills and U.S.A. Federal Credit Union
Sunday, July 4 ● 3-7 pm
Naval Mine and Anti-Submarine Warfare Command, Pt. Loma​

● Show off your wheels at our FREEDOM FESTIVAL 4th of July Car Show
● Stay for San Diego’s Best Fireworks Show on the Bay
● Each entrant will receive an event T-Shirt
● Enjoy the entertainment and be a part of the Great American Picnic
● Compete for “Best of Show”, CMC and People’s Choice Trophy

Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Auto Skills Program, along with their presenting sponsor USA Federal Credit Union, is hosting a car show to be held during the Great American Picnic FREEDOM FESTIVAL 4th of JULY Celebration. MWR Auto Skills Program invites muscle and classic car owners and two guests to display your vehicle.

TO REGISTER: Complete an application form and email or fax it back to MWR at the address listed below. You will be allowed to bring one non-military guest with you. Those who choose to participate in this event must return the completed application to the point of contact indicated below by Monday, June 21, 2010. You will also need to complete an application for any Tow Vehicle.

A confirmation and specific instructions for the event will be emailed or faxed back to you. These instructions are for safety and security reasons. As stated in the agreement attached, you must have a government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license) while driving on base. No animals, weapons of any kind, fireworks/ explosives, alcohol and/or illicit drugs are allowed on board the installation. Your vehicle may be subject to search.

HURRY ● SPACE IS LIMITED ● SIGN UP NOW

Return completed form by Monday, June 21 to:
Bill Wells, Auto Skills Car Show Coordinator
Phone: (619) 556-7008 FAX (619) 556-9323
Bill.Wells@mwrsw.com

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
this event is awesome sponsored by the same folks who did the one on 32st.. Free Food too. And rooms for 30 dollars

Red

I hope they don't have the same judges as the one at 32 street. I still want to beat that guy up. Lol

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
Last year was great! Red took peoples choice and I got a CO's choice award.. Plus you see half the fireworks shows in town (including the one there) from that point. I highly recomend this one to everyone.. I wont be there this year, I'm going to Texas for most of July.

mrswickedstangs

We will be there. T he last 2 years we've gone, it has been great. We will try to reserve some rooms, if anyone is interested. Rooms go quickly, though! We spent the night last year, and it was hassel free....

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
We will be there. T he last 2 years we've gone, it has been great. We will try to reserve some rooms, if anyone is interested. Rooms go quickly, though! We spent the night last year, and it was hassel free....

Me and HP2 will talk about it, we got the MIL and dog so staying the night is out.

StarAngel

I know that Rob would love to go, but I don't know when he will get home. If I do go I would like a room too! That missing child sure didn't help last year.

Why would rooms need to be reserved if this is a local car show? And isn't it on base anyway?

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
The rooms sell out as people get rooms so they can enjoy the all day event there and just stay.....

You will only be able to reserve a room 30 days prior, or at least that is the way it was last time I got one there..... By the end of the 30th day they were sold out, but that was 2 years ago.

Here is the link for the rooms: http://dodlodging.net/FLEET_ANTISUB.HTM

It says no pets on base, but I see pets in the Admiral Kidd Inn ^^^^ All the time. Also it says no children under 12, but they are there alot too.....call for updated rules and regs.

Gib