• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any of you been/will be on the USS Peleliu?

Screamin03

About to go out on it and all I've heard is that's it's old and outdated. Just dropped off my Humvee at one of the Navy bases down in San Diego (there are too many for me to remember names) on Thursday to go on but it wasn't there. I was hoping to get to check it out then since this is my first float. If you've been on her tell me how it is!

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
ive been on the LHD's not the LHA's, but my buddy just got back off one and said it sucked even more than the LHD's. the rear elevator is always in the way... sucks for the ACE marines. the AC will go out on you more times than you can count. the chow lines on any boat that size suck. plan on 30-45 mins waiting in line for chow. the toilets will back up, it stinks like butt, the gym is crowded.... uhm.....there is much more i can say.

are you ground side???

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
ive been on the LHD's not the LHA's, but my buddy just got back off one and said it sucked even more than the LHD's. the rear elevator is always in the way... sucks for the ACE marines. the AC will go out on you more times than you can count. the chow lines on any boat that size suck. plan on 30-45 mins waiting in line for chow. the toilets will back up, it stinks like butt, the gym is crowded.... uhm.....there is much more i can say.

are you ground side???

Pretty much summed it up. I was on Belleau Wood and we hated it when the Marines came aboard even though that was what we there for.

02gt

yeah i was on the Tarawa for 4 years and anphib life can be sucky at times but it is what you make of it....just make sure to get in good with the mafia....

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i was on the BHR and the boxer, and i got lucky enough to go on the new orleans....LPD. that ship was heaven....nothing like the big boats.

ears

damn dude,,,, thats kinda cool. thats the boat my squadrons takin on the float! we would be the dreaded ace!!!!! hmm-165!!!!!! thats us! looks like well be sing each other around!

02gt

i was on the BHR and the boxer, and i got lucky enough to go on the new orleans....LPD. that ship was heaven....nothing like the big boats.

yeah i know a couple of guys that went to that ship from the tarawa said it was hella nice compared to the old peices of crap...