• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CA Gun Thread

Renegade

Okay everybody, this is the Official California Gun Thread. Feel free to post up your arsenal, future mods/buys, pictures, new laws/court cases, range pictures, the range you use, preferred FFL, or any questions you may have regarding laws or weapons, etc.

Although I named this the CA gun thread I do encourage everyone to participate, just named it the CA gun thread so everyone knows where to come with questions about our ridiculous laws.

Enjoy everyone!

Renegade

Ill get us started, my current collection consists of my Papa's old .22 revolver, my mom's old Raven Arms .25 semi-auto with a mother of pearl grip that she used to carry in her purse, and my first purchase my Springfield Arms XD 45 with a few nice accessories (I LOVE that gun).
IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Plenty of additions to come though.

I don't currently have a membership at any ranges, me and my buddy do all of our shooting at the back of his girlfriends parents dairy, secluded, covered by fields of corn on one side, and the other side is the bank of the Kings River (makes it really nice during the summer). Here are pictures from there and how I spent my 21st birthday, NO I wasn't like everyone else who goes out and gets trashed, I decided to have a relaxing day with some friends wasting some rounds and having just a couple cold ones.

shooting my buddy's mini 14, its an all wood stock ex LEO rifle
IMG_0542.jpg

clearing a dud from the mini 14
IMG_0541.jpg

my buddy Justin showing a co-worker some better technics for shooting his Ruger .40 and me waiting to waste some .45ACP
IMG_0543.jpg

me holding the mini 14 and Henry lever action .22, I was forced into taking this photo so excuse the look on my face
IMG_0512.jpg

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Sorry. I only have my duty and back up at home. my rifles are in storage since I just moved. And I keep forgetting to get pictures of the rifles. Here's my duty and back up.

PICT7999.JPG
PICT8000.JPG

Mrs V.I. Massive

Sorry V.I. Massive asked me to post ours the same day you put this post up.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111107_083456.png
    ForumRunner_20111107_083456.png
    460.6 KB · Views: 321
  • ForumRunner_20111107_083525.png
    ForumRunner_20111107_083525.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 325
  • ForumRunner_20111107_083554.png
    ForumRunner_20111107_083554.png
    552.3 KB · Views: 336

Renegade

Sorry. I only have my duty and back up at home. my rifles are in storage since I just moved. And I keep forgetting to get pictures of the rifles. Here's my duty and back up.

View attachment 2221View attachment 2222

Danny you carry a Sig as your duty side arm? You don't see that that too often, at least not up here, all the officers swear by their Glocks, don't know how well the 9mm or .40 shoot, but when it comes to .45 ill take my springfield over a Glock any day (even though the designs are very similar).

Okay so I need advice, Im looking at buying myself a CA compliant AK47 for Christmas. Can anyone tell me any reliable brands? brands to stay away from? Im looking at buying from atlantic firearms and having it shipped to my FFL. Im looking to buy one chambered in traditional 7.62x39 and since this is just a starter rifle I want to stay relatively inexpensive, meaning rifles such as the RJ classic are way out of the question. I've heard that the Saiga basic AKs are junk and that Century can be hit or miss, anyone have any experience? Any AK owners have any tips?

BTW, Mrs. V.I. which one is yours?

Her's is the nickle bersa .380
The KP95 and Mossberg are mine. Funny story about her and the Mossberg though........ill share one day.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Danny you carry a Sig as your duty side arm? You don't see that that too often, at least not up here, all the officers swear by their Glocks, don't know how well the 9mm or .40 shoot, but when it comes to .45 ill take my springfield over a Glock any day (even though the designs are very similar).

Okay so I need advice, Im looking at buying myself a CA compliant AK47 for Christmas. Can anyone tell me any reliable brands? brands to stay away from? Im looking at buying from atlantic firearms and having it shipped to my FFL. Im looking to buy one chambered in traditional 7.62x39 and since this is just a starter rifle I want to stay relatively inexpensive, meaning rifles such as the RJ classic are way out of the question. I've heard that the Saiga basic AKs are junk and that Century can be hit or miss, anyone have any experience? Any AK owners have any tips?

BTW, Mrs. V.I. which one is yours?

Yeah, I love my Sig. Carried since I was in the Navy. But our department is switching over to Glock22 Gen4, pretty much all the county law enforcement is going to the Glock 22 Gen 4. They are making it mandatory to carry the Glock and nothing else. So in the next couple of years, I will be forced to carry the Glock. Yuck!

I'm not sure on the AKs, but heard the Siaga is pretty good and inexpensive. Norinco is a Chinese made AK47 and I believe they are inexpensive also.

Mrs V.I. Massive

V.I. Massive said:
Her's is the nickle bersa .380
The KP95 and Mossberg are mine. Funny story about her and the Mossberg though........ill share one day.

Hey hey you vowed never to speak of it....lol

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i dont have a picture to upload, but recently i got a XDM .45. sighted in the laser and put about 1000 rounds through it. its extremely accurate, and consistant. at 12-15 yards i can shoot eyeballs on a target. i love it.

next i was thinking the pk380 as a cc weapon. the .45s too big to carry everywhere. anyone have any experiance?

Renegade

i dont have a picture to upload, but recently i got a XDM .45. sighted in the laser and put about 1000 rounds through it. its extremely accurate, and consistant. at 12-15 yards i can shoot eyeballs on a target. i love it.

next i was thinking the pk380 as a cc weapon. the .45s too big to carry everywhere. anyone have any experiance?

The XD .45 is an great and very easy to use for the caliber, I LOVE mine.

VI please do tell that story

Danny, I'll probably end up with a Century Arms conversion, under $600 isn't bad for a starter, my next riffle will be their RPK that I've had my eye on.... I kind of have a thing for soviet guns, my next hand gun will be an origional Makarov 9mm.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I like the Makarov. I did some shooting with them while I was on active duty doing weapons familiarization. Very nice gun. They shoot real well.

Renegade

I like the Makarov. I did some shooting with them while I was on active duty doing weapons familiarization. Very nice gun. They shoot real well.

And for $200 they are a pretty good deal. A group of us are gong shooting after work on Black Friday, I'll have pictures and videos after

Renegade

Well after a 14hr day shooting after Black Friday didn't happen, BUT I did just pay for my Saiga AK47 today! I actually went in to the shop to have it ordered, but the shop owner being the great guy he is ordered it before hand for me and had it set up and waiting for me in the shop so I got to mess with my actual rifle. Now to wait the Commufornia 10 day waiting period :-(

Renegade

Wow just realized I never posted pictures of my Saiga AK, well its still stock but here you go.
IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

The knife my boss got me for xmas
IMG_0545-1.jpg

Destroying clay pigeons with a 12 gauge

IMG_0554.png

IMG_0556.jpg

me with my buddy's mini 14 and him with my AK

IMG_0552.jpg

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I will post up pics when I get a chance, but I have a Sig 245 .45acp, a Sig P6, a CZ75b, a colt python, a colt 1911 series 70 MK IV, a Smith & Wesson M&P .38, and a Smith & Wesson M&P40 For rifles I dont remember but I know I have a Styer Scot .308, an M1 Carbine, a Lee Enfield jungle carbine .303, and a Lee Enfield No3 mk I.