• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust needs welded

So I picked up a magnaflow catback exhaust from someone on craigslist.
Problem is he cut the pipe to get it out, so now I gotta get it fixed. Which I thought would be cheap. All exhaust shops want 100$ or so. Is there any other options I have to fix it? I would do it a hobby shop but I can't weld. Tried but I'm horrible at it.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
So I picked up a magnaflow catback exhaust from someone on craigslist.
Problem is he cut the pipe to get it out, so now I gotta get it fixed. Which I thought would be cheap. All exhaust shops want 100$ or so. Is there any other options I have to fix it? I would do it a hobby shop but I can't weld. Tried but I'm horrible at it.
contact mustangcwo or orange395w

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
The Miramar Hobby Shop does not allow welding. What type of fix are you looking to accomplish? Do you want it welded together or new tips and flanges?

I got a temp fix for now. Just some exhaust casting stuff and 3" wide pipe clamps. But I'd prefer to weld it. But now that I got it temporarily fixed, I need to get installed still. Need some jack stands and gotta figure out how to maneuver over my axel. Should be fun.

Do you know what days the Miramar hobby shop is open? I Relized that I need to drop my rear axel so I can install this system without cutting it. Plus I don't wanna cut my stock exhaust out. So if anyone else reads this post, I would love to have a helping hand to do this install.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna get some jack stands and attempt to drop rear end in my garage. We will see what happens

Got it all installed. Sounds Really good. Big pain in my button though. I had to drop the whole rear end in my garage with a couple jack stands and the jack that my car came with. Took about 4 hrs. But it's definitely on there. I just need to get my tip hangers adjusted to sit even under my bumper.