• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interesting day at the track

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Started out nice with an almost full pull at 9.701, banged it off the rev limiter

2nd run of the morning I tried launching a little harder and spun the hell out of the tires, 10.17

3rd run, I got into a hurry and forgot to turn off the Traction Control, car launched bad, hopped and bucked a couple of times and shut off. After getting towed off the track, Greg from RPMM took a look at it along with Danny, joker and Burnie and found that I had blown the PCM fuse. After swapping it with the rear window Defroster fuse, car started right up and I drove it home.

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to Greg for fixing my car!!!

Danny thanks for all of the advice and I look forward to seeing the pics!!

You too Burnie, look forward to seeing pics of my car being towed, not really, LOL

joker, now known as FS Jr, got lost and was then late getting to Denny's, I let him tell you about that!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Pictures coming up. Keep practicing, a little bit at a time until you are comfortable with it. Once you get the little pieces together, you're gonna love it even more.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Here you go, Jack. Joker, you're in some, too.

DSC_7175.jpg

DSC_7180.jpg

DSC_7181.jpg

DSC_7182.jpg

JOKER:
DSC_7244.jpg

DSC_7253.jpg

DSC_7261.jpg

MORE FROM BARONA

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Jack, did you have fun? That is what matters.....

Gib

Stangguy

Nice pics sub! You got a new car now and it was your first time driving. All and all you did well. You kept it straight and i think with a few more runs and you'd get it down!

Un©ommon

Yeah I need to get my car on the track and see what numbers I run. I don't have a helmet or anything though =[

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Jack, did you have fun? That is what matters.....

Gib

Had a blast on the first two runs. Was a little embarrassed I shut the track down. At least I did as told and immediately got it stopped next to the wall,

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Yeah I need to get my car on the track and see what numbers I run. I don't have a helmet or anything though =[

You can get a helmet at the track. You give them your licence at the tower and they will let you borrow/rent a helmet.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Jack damn looked like you all had a blast I wish I would have gone. I have to get my tires back from Ethan.
Jack with all that power you have I would have tried walking it out of the hole instead of jumping on it popping the clutch.
Street tires are not going to hook. The best thing you can do with out slicks/ DR's would be air down a bit to around 20PSI
And slip the clutch as you take off or just give it some RPM and come off the light as if your leaving a stop light and have to get out there
in 4 oclock traffic. Then at least you could get a 2.0 60ft. and then once your rolling step into it to get the power to the pavement. I
think you would have hit some low 9's or maybe a mid to high 8. Looks like you all had a good time. Cant wait to see you back out there.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Pictures coming up. Keep practicing, a little bit at a time until you are comfortable with it. Once you get the little pieces together, you're gonna love it even more.

HP2 and I were talking about that last run last night. I was trying to correct to many things at once in my head in the staging lanes instead of concentrating on my pre run checklist. That's why I forgot about the TC.

We still had fun playing with the car and yakking with all of you in the pits. We will definately be going back again after my next trip!!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I agree with Phil about the street tire PSI....I ran my best of 9.15 and I hit the limiter at barona and I had my tires at 22 PSI.

Gib

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Times:

street tires, normal pressure, Procharger, 10# boost, 3 core intercooler, almost full tank of gas, 3.73 rear gear, .500 tree:

Run 1:

R/T: None (printed over)
I1: not listed
I3: 6.415/60.070 mph(hit the rev limiter in 2nd)
Finish: 9.701/78.784mph

Run 2:

R/T: .758
I1: 2.473(spun the tires bad)
I3: 7.026/52.784mph
Finish: 10.517/74.543(lifted before the finish line by mistake)

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Jack damn looked like you all had a blast I wish I would have gone. I have to get my tires back from Ethan.
Jack with all that power you have I would have tried walking it out of the hole instead of jumping on it popping the clutch.
Street tires are not going to hook. The best thing you can do with out slicks/ DR's would be air down a bit to around 20PSI
And slip the clutch as you take off or just give it some RPM and come off the light as if your leaving a stop light and have to get out there
in 4 oclock traffic. Then at least you could get a 2.0 60ft. and then once your rolling step into it to get the power to the pavement. I
think you would have hit some low 9's or maybe a mid to high 8. Looks like you all had a good time. Cant wait to see you back out there.

Thanks!!

Me and HP2 had a blast, a few minor tweeks to the tune and we can't wait to get back out again!!