• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Meet Blue Devil

Carolina Man

With my son's help (taking out the rear seat) I pulled the plug on the hyd tank for the power top, it was low or empty. We started off with 5 oz of trans fluid and then cycled it 5-6 times got a lot of air. then had to add in 3 more ounces for a total of 8 ozs. I don't think the po ever checked the tank.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Very nice project. I would get a 4.6 2v and turbo it if funds allow, if not just going to the 4.6 would be a great upgrade and there are tons of those engines around. Just make sure that the rear end and suspension doesn't need updated for the bigger engine. Lots of companies parting out these Mustangs. You may be able to cheaply get replacement seats from one of them. I think it is East Coast Mustang that sells a lot of takeoff stuff. Another is MPS auto salvage.

Gibs

Carolina Man

Very nice project. I would get a 4.6 2v and turbo it if funds allow, if not just going to the 4.6 would be a great upgrade and there are tons of those engines around. Just make sure that the rear end and suspension doesn't need updated for the bigger engine. Lots of companies parting out these Mustangs. You may be able to cheaply get replacement seats from one of them. I think it is East Coast Mustang that sells a lot of takeoff stuff. Another is MPS auto salvage.

Gibs

Thanks for the info. If I stay in Oklahoma I plan on a engine swap, if I move back home to NC I will have to wait and see what I can get by with since they do emissions testing. Earlier cars are easier to get by with and if the car is 35 years or older no inspections are required.