• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Olympic Winter game tragedy

0ne_sik_notch

Olympic Athlete Dies in Training
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5lAS7H6tkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5lAS7H6tkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Tommy

Editors didn't catch how it goes from a tragedy to a discussion about weather and "El Nino" then back to the death ? :wtf: :rofl:

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
He was 44th in the world, on the fastest track out there, and he was on the last corner....lost control, flipped into the air, and hit an unpadded steel support beam at approximately 88 MPH(Guess based on what his last trap speed was). He didnt stay inside the track, he flipped out of the track into the viewing area.....

It was painful to watch on tv.

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
yeah 88 MPH, wearing a skin tight suit, and a helmet vs Steel Pole....... he never had a chance.... I wont say this is a tragedy though as this is a dangerous sport and he took part knowing the possible outcomes.... It is very unfortunate and a terrible accident though.

If you watch the video, you can see part of his helmet go flying into the track......UGHHHH..... the good news is he never felt it and did not suffer.

Xodus989

A lot of the Olympians have commented on how dangerous that track is, and that accident could have easily been preventable by using plexi glass sheeting along the viewing area (like on hockey to keep the puck in) But it would keep him from any sudden stops... He may have ended up paralyzed, but not dead.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I much rather be dead then paralyzed. I just cant see going through life as a vegetable. Not fair to your family as they will need to care for you and I can't see putting my family and love ones through that.

Xodus989

I much rather be dead then paralyzed. I just cant see going through life as a vegetable. Not fair to your family as they will need to care for you and I can't see putting my family and love ones through that.

Difference than dead / paralyzed. Paralyzed = unable to move limbs, you can still speak / function.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Difference than dead / paralyzed. Paralyzed = unable to move limbs, you can still speak / function.

No Thanks. If you can't move, you are dependant on other to care for you. You would even need help going to the bathroom. Sorry, but I'm not going to have someone taking care of my personal needs 24/7 for the rest of my life. Pull the plug on me.