• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ramona man gets probation for posing as general

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/15/ramona-man-gets-probation-posing-general/

FEDERAL COURT — A Ramona man who posed as a phony Marine general was sentenced Thursday to three years of probation and ordered to perform 240 hours of community service.

David V. Weber, 69, pleaded guilty in federal court in January to a misdemeanor charge of making false claims about military decorations or medals.

He admitted he dressed up as a Marine general, donned phony medals he never earned including the Purple Heart, and went to a Veterans of Foreign Wars event in Ramona on Nov. 7.

Weber was a Marine who served in Vietnam and reached the rank of staff sergeant and earned several medals, but not the ones he displayed at the event. Court records show Weber suffers from several medical ailments and has been treated for post-traumatic stress disorder for the past decade.

The San Diego Country Estates resident apologized to U.S. Magistrate Judge Ruben Brooks and told him: “It was stupid.”

Brooks levied a longer probation term than requested by Weber’s lawyer and prosecutors, who had agreed to a one-year probationary sentence in the negotiated plea deal.

The judge also fined Weber $500.

“This case involves a matter of deception,” Brooks said. “It was not an inadvertent act.”

yosemiddysam

Donator
Glad to see he got punished for this. I dont really think he should have gone to jail but glad to see he got a bunch of community service.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Its kinda funny to see people wear crap you know they didnt earn. I knew a girl that had the FMF warfare on her uniform and I would talk **** to her. I would ask her questions how she earned it I wanted it lol
Its funny when you see boot camps with ribbons like sea service and you know they never been out to sea. I also like now tha tI been around a while getting in dress uniform and standing next to these young officers
with there rifle, and national defence ribbons. I have 12 not to brag with several multiples. I like wearing dress. I do think the Marines have a sharper uniform than us that is for sure.