• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear Wheel Horsepower on a 1990 and up 5.0 H.O?

Foxyfan1990

Hey all,

I have a 1990 Fox that recently got a newish motor 35k miles!
I have looked all over the internet for the last few day, and could not find the actual power and torque ratings for a 1990 and up 5.0 H.O. looking all around at a couple of youtube videos it seems the flywheel hp and it says 225/300 Torque?
I watched a couple of videos, and it showed that they have about 207 hp to the wheels.
Currently on the car, I have Hooker comp. Headers 2" into H pipe and dumps into dual OBX mufflers.
I also have a crappy Moroso air filter, and my emissions have been removed from what I can tell.

Not too sure if these motors are rated under power, or if like BMW them measure their power at the wheels.

Sorry about all the questions, Just a newbie that wants to learn about these awesome cars :).

Cheers all,

~Tim

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
rwhp for a stock 1990 fox is somewhere between 180-200.. BMW rates there cars by BHP Brake Horse Power but, they are well documented that they underestimate.

RTbiz

Has anyone run 275s on the stock shp wheels on the back without modification to the wheel well lip? I currently run 255 50r16 with no problem. I would post in tires and wheels section, but there doesnt appear to be much traffic there.

Thanks,