• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Technical service bulletins

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Thanks to www.imboc.com for the following:

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS

00-23-01
Transmission - fluid in -line filter kit - repeat repairs of transmission - service tips: after every overhaul or transmission exchange, clean, flush and back flush the transmission fluid cooling system. Refer to the TSB service procedure for details.

00-24-01
Vibration, clutch-vibration heard and/or felt at clutch pedal: This may be caused by clutch cable routing, lack of preload on the release lever, improper or failed release bearing, improper pressure plate-to-flywheel bolt torque, or out-of-parallel finger height on pressure plate. Refer to TSB

01-15-07
Fluid - Transmission Fluid usage charts: for proper fluid application on current and past vehicles equipped with manual or automatic transmission or transaxle refer to the fluid usage chart (Figures 1,2 and 3)

01-20-05
Driveability - Diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) P0171 and/or P0174 - Detecting vacuum leaks - Using the Rotunda Vacutec 522 smoke leak detector machine: refer to the TSB for details

01-21-13
Driveability - Electrical sticking or binding ignition lock cylinder high effort when turning ignition switch diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) P0500, P1502 and/or U1039 on some vehicles: Replace the key-in-ignition warning chime switch located on the ignition switch lock cylinder refer to the TSB.

01-24-06
Engine - Engine oil system priming procedures - service tips: Prior to starting a new, overhauled or remanufactured engine, the oil pump and oil system should be primed to eliminate the possibility of oil starvation at start-up. Refer to the TSB for details.

02-01-04
Engine - Approved head gasket replacement service procedures: Refer to the TSB for recommended gasket sealing surface preparation procedures.

02-01-09
Engine - Engine oil - Recommended applications for SAE 5W-20 and SAE 5W-30 Motor oils - Gasoline and flexible fuel vehicles only: All 2001 and 2002 vehicles where SAE 5W-20 is specified should be serviced at the recommended oil change intervals using SAE 5W-20. Refer to the TSB for details.

02-02-03
Engine - Machining of aluminum cylinder heads or blocks Warranty information: Engineering has determined that the surface finish quality standard cannot be met to specification by field-sourced machine shop facilities. Cylinder head assemblies/short and longblock assemblies are available through your FAD.

02-05-04
Engine 4.6L Front end accessory drive (Feed) belt slips off water pump pulley when splashed with water: Verify condition. Replace the water pump pulley and/or tensioner assembly as necessary. Refer to the TSB for details.

02-17-8
Some 2001-2003 model year Mustangs may exhibit a whistle type wind noise form the "A" pillar area.
This may be caused by wind moving over the fastener holes of the "A" pillar applique
Verify condition by taping off the area. install a foam block in the applique to keep wind from passing over the hold causing the whistle.

I know that this is not a Ford TSB or Special Message but it is from the manufacture of the transmission, Tremec, so I thought I would add it here.

NOTE:From Tremec dated 03/01
Tremec Transmissions
Service Bulletin 03.01

Subject:
Aftermarket Shifter Stops

Transmission Models Affected:
All

Severe damage may be caused by installing an aftermarket shifter with "shift stops" on any TREMEC transmission. All TREMEC transmissions are designed and manufactured with built-in shift stops to prevent over shifting. Therefore; shift stops on aftermarket shifters are totally unnecessary when used on a TREMEC transmission. TREMEC "TR series" transmissions have multiple shift rails with shift stops on the gearing. TREMEC "T series" transmissions have a single shift rail system with stops built into the guide plate.

When installing an aftermarket shifter on a TREMEC transmission it is best to remove the shift stops to avoid miss adjustment, and the potential of the screws vibrating lose. A misadjusted shift stop can cause an under-shift, which may lead to a gear jump-out situation. If the transmission jumps out of gear, the shift fork can be bent causing permanent damage to the transmission. Shift forks can also be damaged by "clash shifting". A clash is caused by a missed shift.

Neither an "under-shift", nor a "clash shift" can be prevented by shift stops. TREMEC shift forks are designed to take loads up to 1,000 lbs. However, a gear jump-out may well exceed 1,000 lbs. of force, which may result in a permanently damaged transmission.

03-16-04
Engine - 4.6L 2V-TICK NOISE FROM ENGINE-ENGINES BUILT BEFORE 8/29/2003
Some vehicles, equipped with the 4.6L 2V engine, with an "ENGINE BUILD DATE" prior to 8/29/03 may exhibit an engine tick noise that is present at all temperatures during idle. The noise may be emanating from the valve guide area in the Cylinder Head. The noise may not e heard with the hood open.

04-15-6
TR3650 MANUAL TRANSMISSION-JUMPS OUT OF GEAR 2ND AND/OR 3RD-CLASH NOISE AND/OR RASPY FEEL ON GEAR ENGAGEMENT
Some 2001-2003 Mustang vehicles, equipped with TR3650 5 speed manual transmission may exhibit a clash noise and/or a raspy (rough) feel on gear engagement during 1-2 or 2-3 shifts. The transmission may also exhibit a jump-out from 2nd and/or 3rd gear. The condition may be more pronounced when the transmission is colder than 40 F (5C).

Daniboy1983

Transmission Models Affected:
All

Severe damage may be caused by installing an aftermarket shifter with "shift stops" on any TREMEC transmission. All TREMEC transmissions are designed and manufactured with built-in shift stops to prevent over shifting. Therefore; shift stops on aftermarket shifters are totally unnecessary when used on a TREMEC transmission. TREMEC "TR series" transmissions have multiple shift rails with shift stops on the gearing. TREMEC "T series" transmissions have a single shift rail system with stops built into the guide plate.

When installing an aftermarket shifter on a TREMEC transmission it is best to remove the shift stops to avoid miss adjustment, and the potential of the screws vibrating lose. A misadjusted shift stop can cause an under-shift, which may lead to a gear jump-out situation. If the transmission jumps out of gear, the shift fork can be bent causing permanent damage to the transmission. Shift forks can also be damaged by "clash shifting". A clash is caused by a missed shift.

Neither an "under-shift", nor a "clash shift" can be prevented by shift stops. TREMEC shift forks are designed to take loads up to 1,000 lbs. However, a gear jump-out may well exceed 1,000 lbs. of force, which may result in a permanently damaged transmission.

I think this explains why my 3550 has been jumping out of 4th. I didn't know all Tremec transmissions had built in shift stops otherwise I wouldn't have messed with the ones on the shifter. I just kinda figured the shift stops on the shifter were there for a reason. Thanks for posting this. I was actually just about to ask ya'll about my trans jumping out of gear.

Thanks again.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
You're very Welcome!

As I posted above, this came from another site so they need all of the credit!